Tosin Adarabioyo

I think he would be fine as a back up, as long as he played on the right side of a back three. He needs to learn to play with the best technical players in the world, and the Championship isn't going to get him that. I'd rather see him go to Girona and play against top technical talent, if he has to go out on loan. That way, at least, he will be constantly watched and be bedded in with other future City players.

I think he would be fine as a back up, as long as he played on the right side of a back three. He needs to learn to play with the best technical players in the world, and the Championship isn't going to get him that. I'd rather see him go to Girona and play against top technical talent, if he has to go out on loan. That way, at least, he will be constantly watched and be bedded in with other future City players.

I don't think it would do him any harm to learn defending in the Championship. The problem would be, same as with all these kids, whether they would actually play him. Chances are he would make a couple of mistakes & end up on the bench, or in their reserves.

The CBs we have are use to a certain style of playing, in teams that dominate possession essentially. Its why Denayer looked great at Celtic but failed at Sunderland (a team who was always attacked)

Wherever Tosin goes on loan I hope its to a club who is near the top of their league, or he rotates at the club.

The CBs we have are use to a certain style of playing, in teams that dominate possession essentially. Its why Denayer looked great at Celtic but failed at Sunderland (a team who was always attacked)

Wherever Tosin goes on loan I hope its to a club who is near the top of their league, or he rotates at the club.

Denayer didn't "fail" at Sunderland though. He was just alright. Didn't play CB much, and when he did they were usually getting shat on to the point where no one could actually blame him.

Personally I don't think he's going on loan.

All of the talk has died down, he's been given a first team number while all the other loanees just kept their high ones, it just doesn't look likely.

However his current situation is just pointless. Either he's a prospect who can be brought through without loan, in which case he needs to get on the bench, and on the pitch making cameo's, building up appearances, letting everyone get a look at him. Or he's not that good and is a player we need to loan and if he thrives, brilliant bring him back.

A season like last year would be shit for everyone.

Denayer didn't "fail" at Sunderland though. He was just alright. Didn't play CB much, and when he did they were usually getting shat on to the point where no one could actually blame him.
I don't blame Denayer for the loan, and I agree that "they were usually getting shat on", but it still wasn't an ideal loan. Obviously ideally he goes from Celtic to City first team, but then he went to Galatasaray which I thought he still looked good, albeit out of position, because Galatasaray are a great team in there league.

Still personally think with CBs it's a different issue when loaning them out. Questions should be asked, what do we expect out of the loan from a CB who goes to a team who is weak in their league when they will never play like that here. I also think he shouldn't be loaned out, with 3 at the back he can surely can 500-1000 minutes as a rotation option against weak teams and in the cups.

Yeah I've had the feeling that they'd like to loan him to a Championship club or maybe somewhere like Twente.

Are there many Championship teams that play football even close to what we do? If not I don't see him getting much out of it(could even go backwards... happened with Denayer, a bad lone is worse than nothing IMO for some players) he's soon to turn 20, 6ft 5 not slight in build the physical side wont be an issue. He looks like he's nearly ready to me but I'll trust Pep and his team's call on that, I don't want him just going for the sake of "game time" alone though it has to be the right club playing in the right way at the right level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.