Tosin Adarabioyo

Are there many Championship teams that play football even close to what we do? If not I don't see him getting much out of it(could even go backwards... happened with Denayer, a bad lone is worse than nothing IMO for some players), he looks like he's nearly ready to me but I'll trust Pep and his team's call on that, I don't want him just going for the sake of "game time" alone though it has to be the right club playing in the right way at the right level.
Norwich should certainly be one case as Farke was at Dortmund's second team when Tuchel was there and is supposedly his successor. But given they are some sort of favorites for promotion I'd be surprised if they'd need an unproven youngster right now, even though they do employ Angus Gunn already.

Norwich should certainly be one case as Farke was at Dortmund's second team when Tuchel was there and is supposedly his successor. But given they are some sort of favorites for promotion I'd be surprised if they'd need an unproven youngster right now, even though they do employ Angus Gunn already.
I've not seen them play recently to be fair but as I said in my edit if people are thinking he needs to get used to the physical side they need to look at his build and his height he's quite a unit already at 6ft 5 and will be 20 in September, any loan should be in consideration of playing similar football to us(obviously it wont be to our standard very few teams are) so that he hopefully will be ready by next season.

We very nearly lost him before he signed the contract he is on if the reports were true he's not one we want to mess about sending on loan too many times if he does start showing signs of living up to his promise or he could be off to a PL rival if we are too "patient" about it, we have to start taking a risk with our own youth sooner or later.

Last edited:
I've not seen them play recently to be fair but as I said in my edit if people are thinking he needs to get used to the physical side they need to look at his build and his height he's quite a unit already at 6ft 5 and will be 20 in September, any loan should be in consideration of playing similar football to us(obviously it wont be to our standard very few teams are) so that he hopefully will be ready by next season.

We very nearly lost him before he signed the contract he is on if the reports were true he's not one we want to mess about sending on loan too many times if he does start showing signs of living up to his promise or he could be off to a PL rival if we are too "patient" about it, we have to start taking a risk with our own youth sooner or later.
If Norwich are a top team in their league then I am okay with the loan because that what Tosin needs, a loan to a team bottom of the league would not suit him as you mentioned because the style of play would be too defensive.

I like the fact that Gunn is there so Norwich could enforce the style of playing out from the back with players suited for the role. Also, while Tosin is definitely very tall, he is also quite thin and needs to pack on ALOT more mass.

If Norwich are a top team in their league then I am okay with the loan because that what Tosin needs, a loan to a team bottom of the league would not suit him as you mentioned because the style of play would be too defensive.

I like the fact that Gunn is there so Norwich could enforce the style of playing out from the back with players suited for the role. Also, while Tosin is definitely very tall, he is also quite thin and needs to pack on ALOT more mass.
I wouldn't say too much mass(they probably have his ideal weight worked out early on these days but I'd guess given his height too much weight would probably restrict his movement and agility) I've not seen him up close yet but he looks lean(not thin/skinny) and strong to me and given his height advantage seems to handle most forwards quite well from what I have seen, I didn't see him being brushed aside but maybe we do need to see more of him if Pep does intend to loan him out. I don't think that is the reason for it though personally, I think it's defensive prowess, positioning, experience and so on.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say too much mass(they probably have his ideal weight worked out early on these days but I'd guess given his height too much weight would probably restrict his movement and agility) I've not seen him up close yet but he looks lean(not thin/skinny) and strong to me and given his height advantage seems to handle most forwards quite well from what I have seen, I didn't see him being brushed aside but maybe we do need to see more of him if Pep does intend to loan him out. I don't think that is the reason for it though personally, I think it's defensive prowess, positioning, experience and so on.
Just comparing him to how other defenders look in general and he seems quite thin. He hasn't really been tested against adults much for his strength to be questioned, U23 players would hardly test him physically.he probably doesn't need alot more mass but definitely more in some capacity

Just comparing him to how other defenders look in general and he seems quite thin. He hasn't really been tested against adults much for his strength to be questioned, U23 players would hardly test him physically.he probably doesn't need alot more mass but definitely more in some capacity

He looks similar to what Kompany looked like when he came to City in 2008.

I work and conduct research with people responsible for the physical preparation of professional football players and I have no doubt the staff working at City will have a holistic (strength and conditioning and nutrition) programme to put some more lean mass on him.

Very good shout. Comparing today's Kompany with the one who came to City is quite a spectacle. :)
He was like a bigger, wilder De Jong. I used to love watching him fly around tackling people, especially after the tepid stuff we had to watch in Sven's last days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.