Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Brighton were right to park the bus. If they'd come out at us and got battered 6-0 in their first ever premier league game it could've had a much more negative long term effect psychologically than a plucky 2-0 defeat would.

Why did we have Colin Bell and Zabaleta chants as well? Maybe, just maybe, some fans want to create an atmosphere, rather than constantly moaning because it was 0-0. I'd be much more inclined to ask why half our fans couldn't be arsed singing until we scored. That's the question that should be asked and not why were we singing the Dzeko song which just happens to be a quality chant by the way.

Add far as I'm aware, Zaba was playing for us last season.

You do you I guess. Personally I'd rather chant about the players who are on the pitch rather than someone who has moved on with their life and playing in a different country and team. Are you gonna be chanting 'England's number one' next home game?

Add far as I'm aware, Zaba was playing for us last season.

You do you I guess. Personally I'd rather chant about the players who are on the pitch rather than someone who has moved on with their life and playing in a different country and team. Are you gonna be chanting 'England's number one' next home game?

When was the last time Colin Bell played for us? Uwe Rosler? Funny how you never see anyone complaining about chants about those players, and it's funny how so many who complain about what should or shouldn't get sung have probably never started a chant in their lives. I don't particularly like "City, best team in the land and all the world" but I'll fucking well join in with it if someone else starts it off.

As I said, the ones you should be calling out are those that can't be arsed singing full stop or are too shit scared to sing because they're nervous that we're only drawing 0-0 against Brighton. People getting uppity about songs about former players who don't play for us anymore should direct their ire somewhere else. It's not an offensive song, it celebrates our 2014 title win, and takes the piss out of the scousers into the bargain, plus it helps to ramp up the atmosphere. What's not to fucking like?

Anyway, don't worry - we'll be going all Spandau Ballet on Monday night and singing about players that currently play for us so you've got no excuse not to join in.

Last edited:
There were a handful of twats giving your fans a bit of stick leaving the ground which was very embarrassing. "You're buying the league" etc as if we haven't spent to reach the top tier. I was a bit shocked to be honest as haven't really seen that at the Amex before, I guess we'll attract more idiots now we're in the top flight.

Thought City were the best side I've ever seen us play to be honest. The gulf in class was ridiculous. We had top Championship players there made to look really, really poor. I'm glad it's over and done with. Obviously we won't play many teams as good as you, I just hope the weaker sides in this league would also be as outclassed as we were. I'm hoping Leicester are a lot poorer, although they looked handy at Arsenal.

There were a handful of twats giving your fans a bit of stick leaving the ground which was very embarrassing. "You're buying the league" etc as if we haven't spent to reach the top tier. I was a bit shocked to be honest as haven't really seen that at the Amex before, I guess we'll attract more idiots now we're in the top flight.

Thought City were the best side I've ever seen us play to be honest. The gulf in class was ridiculous. We had top Championship players there made to look really, really poor. I'm glad it's over and done with. Obviously we won't play many teams as good as you, I just hope the weaker sides in this league would also be as outclassed as we were. I'm hoping Leicester are a lot poorer, although they looked handy at Arsenal.
Cheers for the comments.
I did hear a few of your fans turned a bit bitter on the way out,but your comments probsbly are sufficent to explain their silly behaviour

Out of interest are you old enough to recall the last time you were promoted to the top division; iirc you faced Arsenal at the Goldstone ground and got beat 0-4,but i think, still stayed up that late 80s season Anyway,all the best for the season.

"He plays in blue and white for Pelligrini's men...."

Oh no he doesn't. There are some chants worth hanging onto when players have gone (Uwe's granddad) and some things get a life of their own (Yaya/Kolo song in a Newcastle street/Cardiff nightclub/Dutch darts tournament!) but it can also get two-edged when a song is used against a player on the pitch ("don't sell Joe Hart" to get at Bravo - I'm sure that helped).

Anyway the Japp Stamm line was offensive.

Completely agree. Want Albion to do whatever to stay up. Great club sell supported not Johnny come lately fans who piss off if they go down!

When was the last time Colin Bell played for us? Uwe Rosler? Funny how you never see anyone complaining about chants about those players, and it's funny how so many who complain about what should or shouldn't get sung have probably never started a chant in their lives. I don't particularly like "City, best team in the land and all the world" but I'll fucking well join in with it if someone else starts it off.

As I said, the ones you should be calling out are those that can't be arsed singing full stop or are too shit scared to sing because they're nervous that we're only drawing 0-0 against Brighton. People getting uppity about songs about former players who don't play for us anymore should direct their ire somewhere else. It's not an offensive song, it celebrates our 2014 title win, and takes the piss out of the scousers into the bargain, plus it helps to ramp up the atmosphere. What's not to fucking like?

Anyway, don't worry - we'll be going all Spandau Ballet on Monday night and singing about players that currently play for us so you've got no excuse not to join in.

I spent most of the game singing the Edin Dzeko song so the only boos I heard from the Brighton fans was for Gabriel Jesus' booking.

The Gold number will have to grow on me lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.