United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matic is allowing Pogba to enjoy the attacking role without worrying about defending.
Has little to do with Matic. Pogba was very good last season (the negative comments here notwithstanding) and he seems to be rounding into superstar form this season. Matic will help when they play other top teams, but right now he is just another big body. Not much different to bigbrush.

Pogba is special. Lukaku is on a confidence high, at some point that will break. Martial is my real worry. If he keeps playing at that level, then they will eventually have a 4 headed attacking monster with Rashford and Martial on the wings with Lukaku up top and Pogba just behind next to Mkt or Mata. That is a very strong front 5 or 6 when confident.

I still think their weakness is defense. RB is older and noticeable slower. LB is good on the ball but a poor defender. And Jones is error prone. SO they have 1 true defender and a great keeper. But unfortunately, they don't play open football against other top clubs. You can expect both Matic and Bigbrush starting in the middle with Pogba agains t other top teams.

It is a winning formula. Attack the small teams with your speed strength and t talent and then bully the top teams with your size and compactness. If they play it right, they'll be in the running come May.

We just need that confidence to break soon and Lukaku to return to been a poor first touch striker.

Opened the season against two teams who rolled on their backs for a belly rub in the latter part of the game, but they are returning to the old United; relentless, never stop looking for a goal, defend in numbers.

We won't know who they are until they play someone. So far, they haven't, but they look solid, strong, and fast on the break.

They will be there or thereabouts and look to be wanting give themselves a GD advantage come May. Be nice if we were a tad more relentless, as opposed to killing games off with passing to death once the other side is on the mat. Gives other teams a lifeline, whereas a 3rd or 4th goal is an absolute knee to the solar plexus when you're knackered and there's still 10-15 mins to go!

Looks like the refereeing standard has been set for the season, 2 bookable tackles by Pogba overlooked, the second only prompted a quick talk. Get ready for the offside goals tally.

Went to golf yesterday after watching just up to before the second goal.

They didn't look particularly good more Swansea were awful. The potential double yellow for Carlton was the break they needed.

Talkragshite and Fivelive were in full wankfest mode. Ah well 36 more games to go I'm thinking of retuning my season card as there's apparently no point in even playing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.