Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly right. It doesn't matter a toss that they don't knock the ball around like Holland circa 74, just that they have an effective game plan to defeat what's in front of them......which the early indications are that they do
They do, but one thing mourinho doesn't like is changing personnel and systems, Defensively they have a deep squad but what they don't have are like replacements for Lukaku and Pogba, they will be played 'til they drop and when they are injured suspended who do they have to come in for them.

The pressure will obviously be kranked up on this now. I think if we were 'open' to selling him then £70M could easily be a tipping point.

As for the Wengers talk about selling players, it's not as much to raise transfer funds like others have said, it's to get rid of 'deadwood' to try and free up room in the squad. We have 31 senior players, so we need to get rid of the likes of Debuchy, Chambers, Gibbs, Lucas etc who won't contribute anything this season.

As for yesterday, didn't watch the game as I was travelling to Krakow, but the main frustration from me, which stems from last week, and all other recent season openings, is that we are under prepared & never settled in defence for the first few weeks of the season. We look poor without Koscielny, and are playing people out of position. That early ground we lose each year can make a big difference.

You should have won yesterday. Dominated the game, had loads of chances, but fell foul of a gigantic parked bus. To make it worse you had a clear penalty turned down in the 1st half and a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside in the 2nd. Remind me of us!

You should have won yesterday. Dominated the game, had loads of chances, but fell foul of a gigantic parked bus. To make it worse you had a clear penalty turned down in the 1st half and a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside in the 2nd. Remind me of us!
It was offside, though so close the linesman must have guessed and got lucky, it was just about an inch of his heel.

I hope you're right. I've got my Blue panicky tshirt on, and I see them as contenders - I always expect them to do well. All those GPC years are still lurking behind my every thought where these lot are concerned. They're all giddy in work right now.....

They aren't going to concede many goals under Mourinho and that alone will give them a chance because I think they will improve on last year's goal scoring record; although I hope their free scoring opening to the season is a blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.