Man City u18s 4-1 Wolves

Wilcox keep his position? Is not there a plan to bring a Spanish director?

As far as i can gather Wilcox is quite liked at City so who knows? He's already made drastic changes this season. Really bold ones - the likes of Barker, Nemane, Bryan, Faupala have effectively been left out in the cold and not involved with the eds at all so far this year and just been sat in the stands. What that tells me is that City are effectively saying "you're learning nothing from this now and you won't be going back to the eds because the young lads need it more now", forcing them to get first team football on loan somewhere. It's totally right IMO. May leave some in limbo for a few weeks but so be it. Bigger picture and all that. This has been pushed by Wilcox and Allen didn't have this attitude at all.

As far as i can gather Wilcox is quite liked at City so who knows? He's already made drastic changes this season. Really bold ones - the likes of Barker, Nemane, Bryan, Faupala have effectively been left out in the cold and not involved with the eds at all so far this year and just been sat in the stands. What that tells me is that City are effectively saying "you're learning nothing from this now and you won't be going back to the eds because the young lads need it more now", forcing them to get first team football on loan somewhere. It's totally right IMO. May leave some in limbo for a few weeks but so be it. Bigger picture and all that. This has been pushed by Wilcox and Allen didn't have this attitude at all.

This is great to hear. Especially when the likes of Bryan, Nemane and Faupala just don't have the ability to make it at City. They need to clear the way for the next lot to have their chance.

And while the players mentioned don't have the ability for us I do think they can carve out careers at a lower standard, and we're actually doing them a favour by forcing them to think about the future sooner than they'd might like.

I agree, fair play to the lads and all that but football is a profession where you have to start young and act fast, those guys are all 20+ years in age, EDS is a complete waste of time for them and they need to push for loans, there is definitely some clubs who would look to sign or loan a player like Nemane, even if its a League 1 club.

Now that Girona are part of the City group, and seen by many as the ideal City B team, would it not be good idea to send all the last seasons EDS players that haven't obtained a loan deal by the end of the window to Girona to enable them to go in the 'shop window' whilst helping the team out, playing in either La Liga or for the reserve side who play in the 3rd division (alongside RM's reserve team).

They would gain experience of competitive football in another country playing alongside players they may have 'grown up' with and add value to themselves so that if and when they are ready to move on (if deemed surplus to City/group requirements), they can move to as high a football level as possible, rather than stagnating in the EDS surroundings and moving on to a lower league side/scottish team at the end of their contracts, which is what seems to happen currently. It would also enable City to recoup more money towards making the Academy self sufficient/profitable.

Most of these youngsters have International youth experience, so they are obviously amongst the elite for their age, and should expect a good career even if not quite up to City's first team standards, they should still be suitable for lower Premier league teams or Championship level rather than what seems their current (lower) destinations.

Don't know if there is a limit to numbers moving, which would obviously be an issue. But I seem to recall Watford bringing in a number of Udinese players when they were first brought into the same football group, so perhaps we would be entitled to increase the current number.....

Now that Girona are part of the City group, and seen by many as the ideal City B team, would it not be good idea to send all the last seasons EDS players that haven't obtained a loan deal by the end of the window to Girona to enable them to go in the 'shop window' whilst helping the team out, playing in either La Liga or for the reserve side who play in the 3rd division (alongside RM's reserve team).

They would gain experience of competitive football in another country playing alongside players they may have 'grown up' with and add value to themselves so that if and when they are ready to move on (if deemed surplus to City/group requirements), they can move to as high a football level as possible, rather than stagnating in the EDS surroundings and moving on to a lower league side/scottish team at the end of their contracts, which is what seems to happen currently. It would also enable City to recoup more money towards making the Academy self sufficient/profitable.

Most of these youngsters have International youth experience, so they are obviously amongst the elite for their age, and should expect a good career even if not quite up to City's first team standards, they should still be suitable for lower Premier league teams or Championship level rather than what seems their current (lower) destinations.

Don't know if there is a limit to numbers moving, which would obviously be an issue. But I seem to recall Watford bringing in a number of Udinese players when they were first brought into the same football group, so perhaps we would be entitled to increase the current number.....

There's no way most of them would get football there and Girona would struggle a lot tbh. I don't think the plan is to let Girona go down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.