Everton - Post match thread.

Possession doesn't win games otherwise we would have won the league for the last 6 years. We were most dangerous when we were running at them at speed.. Why on earth, bearing in mind the talent we are supposed to have, do we spend 90 % of the time passing back , sideways,slowing the game down to walking pace. If we ran at teams more,yes we may loose a bit of possession but this would be cancelled out by more goals penalties and free kicks.
Do you really believe we will get more penalties and free kicks regardless of what we do? More likely to get more yellow cards for diving when hacked down at speed by the opposition.

Few things from me:

1. If both Silva's don't start, then I'd rather see Bernard given a run. That bloke looks like a helluva player.

2. Everton played the ball down one side of the pitch only, and I'm guessing that was to exploit Sane.

3. Our players were doing as much play acting as Everton's.

4. Ref was pretty fucking awful.

5. Aguero needs to fly back to his holiday destination and find the yard of pace he left behind.

6. Kompany looking decent again.

7. Otamendi - I said it last season as well, stop rolling around holding your face fella.

8. I wish that fucker Mendy would get fit.

9. Quality finish by Sterling - good lad.

10. We still need to sometimes take a dig from outside the area - can the fuckers not be made to stay behind and practice bloody shooting?

Another team turned up to draw and spoil a game. We handed them the lead. The ref then handed them a further advantage. 3-5-2 without a proper left wing back doesn't work and in fact once we went to 4 at the back we looked a different side even with 10. Players looked like they understood where they were playing. First half we misplaced passes, took up each other's space especially with Jesus dropping so deep. I think that's a big two points dropped against a workmanlike but very average side.

The back 3 individually tonight were top class, but as a unit, nothing to do but be tight & had no idea where Everton pkayers were as soon as more than one got forward.

Drill the fucking defence properly & we win the title.

Don't bother & we will lose to teams such as the rags

We were awesome tonight & have dropped two points v a team who could not get near us.

'Man City earned the draw. They were fantastic in the last 25 minutes. Pep Guardiola was tactically fantastic - he'll be the happiest of the managers.'

From Phil Neville, a man who could have had two axes to grind
I'm wondering if someone has had a word with the BBC, because Chapman was quick to leap to Walkers defence at HT. Now Phil Chuckle is saying something positive, even though he was slagging us off for most of the game.

Yaya needs to play in these home games where the opposition just camp in their own half, no penetration otherwise. I can't understand why he hasn't featured yet, I'd play him every game to be honest. Could do with a left back coming in before the window closes aswell as Sanchez and Evans. Not overly convinced by us at all so far, I hope Pep proves me wrong in the coming weeks.

Not sure a yellow can be rescinded, but the three match ban from the red can and should be challenged, even if the bent FA are unlikely to give it a second thought.

Regardless Danillo should start next game, he was IMO as big a game changer as any when brought on.

The sooner Sanchez or Mbappe come the better.

Here's something we all agree on, probably none moreso than Pep.

I love Kun, but we need a Sanchez to feast on all those opportunities we had in their box (23 in total all game)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.