Everton - Post match thread.

Yes deadly serious - looked a million miles from champion material to me tonight.
I agree,that was not an amazing or brilliant performance. We fought and scrapped to get an ok result under the circumstances. Huge improvement needed if we are not to be left behind for the 4th season running. If the eye gouger gets the rags 7/8 pts clear of us early on this season we will find it very difficult indeed.

Great second half performance.

The one thing I like about Pep is his insistence on playing positive football but that is about it. He will cost us. Why the fuck are we
A. Playing 3 CBs
B. 2 strikers.

We are much better when we don't. We look so much better when the game breaks down. Trying to control the whole game makes it much more difficult.

There is nothing wrong with the formation you lunatics.
The questions should be raised over starting Sane at LWB rather than Danilo but the formation is and will be a huge source of our success. The versitility, the chance creation, the overloading of midfield it had everything and if you ask me Otamendi, Kompany and (Albiet very slightly less-so) Stones were collosal.
But fuck me you could play any formation but if we don't actually score our chances then we aren't going to win anything, Too many touches and unwillingness to shoot - Which Im sure the brainiacs on here will blame pep for telling them to walk it in, or "Play cute" but he is on record saying he lets the players do what they want in the final third so he won't be telling them not to shoot.
And as for the ref, I would say he couldn't do is job but I suspect he has done his job, very well indeed.
I would love it, proper KK style, if just once someone took the fall and called them out on it; Pep, Kompany, Khaldoon even the Shiek himself. Someone call them out because it's only going to get worse.

Anyway fuck it, onwards and upwards, the fight we showed after the worst sending off since the "Aggressive Walking" debacle was great and I hope we show that fight and character more in the coming weeks.
I think blindfolded shooting practice to recalibrate the aim is in order because we desperetly need to stop wasting chances so much.

People are so reactive to results. Watch the game again, analysis both teams actual performance and I'm sure a lot of people will be a lot calmer on here. We are clearly still getting up to speed and yet to fully click. But those insinuating united will carve out some sort of big gap is fucking ridiculous.

Think about this. united have played two of the worst sides in the league and they are a couple of games ahead of us in terms of match prep and fitness. Let's see where we are at come February when the games come thick and fast.

We were top of the league after 5 games last season and finished 3rd in case people forgot. And we are only TWO games in.

Happy clappers? Haha! I'm gutted we haven't won but saw plenty in that second half to not sulk and complain we were awful.
You Sir are spot on. A ton of shit didn't go our way tonight, but the lads dug in and worked hard to try and nulllify the things that had gone against us. I'd have been concerned if heads would have dropped this early in the season - but they didn't, and that speaks volumes about the desire and character of the players. A neutral wouldn't have believed that we were the team with only 10 men in that second half. There are very few easy games in the PL, and less so against the established teams. There are things that need improvement, but I'm absolutely sure that the mangaement are well aware of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.