Ben Gibson

We (I) want to win the league this year.
We're f*cked cos we need two more top quality CBs especially if Pep favours playing 3 CBs. It appears we're just looking at getting 1 x backup CB at the mo. If Kompany gets injured long term we're in trouble, if we get another CB injured on top of that and have to play BIG games that leaves us woefully short.

Honestly I watch Chambers and Gibson play last season, all I can say if Gibson is worth 30 million, then Chambers should be going for around 100 million! Chambers was holding that back 4 together. Gibson looks like he is pulling a bus and theirs more chance Darron Gibson will get a cap for England before he does.

Last edited:
Honestly I watch Chambers and Gibson play last season, all I can say if Gibson is worth 30 million, then Chambers should be going for around 100 million! Chambers was holding that back 4 together. Gibson looks like he is pulling a bus and theirs more chance Darron Gibson will get a call up to England before he does.

he already got a call up to the england squad last season didnt he ? i disagree i think hes a really good player.

Gibson supposedly is crushing it in the Championship with his ball playing skills. If we can get him for 15-20m and send Tosin down on loan that would be good business I feel.

Gibson supposedly is crushing it in the Championship with his ball playing skills. If we can get him for 15-20m and send Tosin down on loan that would be good business I feel.
15-20 mil... they turned down 21 million from west brom! They think he's worth closer to 30! Absolutely deluded. Only two seasons ago they said Ayala was the best defender in the Championship when they came up.... he now can't get in the starting 11.

We're f*cked cos we need two more top quality CBs especially if Pep favours playing 3 CBs.

If the EPL squad rules where not as restrictive as they are, I would be calling for City to buy both Alderweld and VVD, even if the cost of getting the 2 of them runs north of £100 million. Sadly with the rules in place we would be forced to get only one of them. Unless we get David Alaba as well and play him as a CB on a regular basis.

It appears we're just looking at getting 1 x backup CB at the mo.

What City fails to see is that we don't need more backup CB's (not with Stones, Otamendi, Mangala and Toshin being available to Pep), we need Top Class CB's that can play alongside Kompany and full in for him when needed.

If Kompany gets injured long term we're in trouble, if we get another CB injured on top of that and have to play BIG games that leaves us woefully short.

Exactly! Rival fans like to go on about how much we spent, what many of them don't understand is that with prices as they are it does not give you anywhere near as much value as it used to do even a few years back. That it why it would likely cost us £400-600 million rather than £300 million to address all the issues we have in our squad and properly challenge for the 4 title/trophies at hand.

Disagree, I think £300million should be easily enough to fix the problems in the squad. We just need to scout better but we seem to go for the established player, who obviously will cost way more than bit of a left field signing.

Dortmund got Weigl for €2m for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.