Centre back options

What a deal. Surprised we have not gone in for him for that price, very solid and consistent. Juve once again doing excellent business.
IMO Höwedes is a technically very limited player and also not very fast. He lost his place in the Schalke team this season because the new coach wants to play the ball controlled out of the defence rather that hoofing it, which is what Höwedes do best. I can't see him playing in Peps City team at all.

IMO Höwedes is a technically very limited player and also not very fast. He lost his place in the Schalke team this season because the new coach wants to play the ball controlled out of the defence rather that hoofing it, which is what Höwedes do best. I can't see him playing in Peps City team at all.
I agree to a certain extent, I am not saying he is Beckenbauer on the ball but I think he is fine. Juventus wouldn't be signing him if he wasn't comfortable enough for their 3 at the back.

Lack of pace is definitely a problem though.

£75 million offer for van Dijk would be nice.

Probably about as much chance of that happening as a date with Emma Watson though, in reality. Pity as we really need another top class centre back.
I don't know...if you donated the £75M to one of her charities, she might throw you a bone...but you won't get to throw one back...even at that price! ;)

Would we be able to do a deal for Hernandez of AM in January? their ban ends in the new year I believe.
I said earlier in the window that I read somewhere we had agreed a deal with him and his club for him to join us once there ban is over in January. I can't remember the exact source but it was widely reported in Spain. Hope it's right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.