Aarón Martín

Have I missed some games???? Form???

Sane has played for about 90 minutes total.

God, I hope we beat Bournemouth, just to stop the nonsense....

Agreed, Aguero, Sané, Jesus, David Silva all look a bit undercooked IMO which I'm hoping will turn around pretty sharpish.

Yep, agree on all 4 & we can add Bernardo Silva to that.

Fitness is there but not full match sharpness, neither so far in the case of B Silva.

Lot of improvement to still come when we think of that group plus Mendy, Gundogan, no Yaya so far, & then add in any last ditch signings including maybe this kid.

Amazing squad.

Have I missed some games???? Form???

Sane has played for about 90 minutes total.

God, I hope we beat Bournemouth, just to stop the nonsense....

We had pre season games, where Sterling looked sharp & Sane not so much, same as now. That's 'form'.

Well either that or he's not very good. I'll go with the first idea, that he'll get better when he hits some kind of 'form'.

After 90 minutes of competitive football, to even mention form seems so ridiculous to me...

As by the same token, If Sane scores 2 and makes an assist tomorrow, he'll be in brilliant form... Its mental.

I think its probably enough, to just say Sane didnt have a good game on Monday... That covers it... Form... Naaaa

Both Sané and Danilo will be good LWB's and I imagine we'll see them there again.

Sané played there against Everton at home last season and was superb, he played there against Chelsea in December and was superb.

Danilo made several great left footed crosses on Monday including the one which lead to our equaliser, so obviously he can cross with his left, and his reluctance to take on the byline vs. Brighton was probably because their RB was actually very good - so good infact that Sané got nothing out of him either when he came on at LW.

So I'm guessing Pep will not have quite such a kneejerk reaction compared to those on here - not to say a LB wouldn't be a decent addition, especially if he can cover CB.
It's not a kneeljerk reaction to want a balanced squad. When Mendy is out we have no left-footed defensive player. I agree about Sane being undercooked along with a few others. It took Sane a few games last season. In fact he was very poor in his first game.

Yep, agree on all 4 & we can add Bernardo Silva to that.

Fitness is there but not full match sharpness, neither so far in the case of B Silva.

Lot of improvement to still come when we think of that group plus Mendy, Gundogan, no Yaya so far, & then add in any last ditch signings including maybe this kid.

Amazing squad.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 13/14 feel to this season. A bit slow to get rolling, but once players get comfortable with each other and new formations, hit form and the goals start going in, we should get some momentum and then be hard to stop.

It's not a kneeljerk reaction to want a balanced squad. When Mendy is out we have no left-footed defensive player. I agree about Sane being undercooked along with a few others. It took Sane a few games last season. In fact he was very poor in his first game.

It's a kneejerk reaction to say Danilo can't play LWB off one competitive game. After last Saturday everyone was adamant he couldn't cross with his left foot and then our goal on monday comes from a left footed cross.

It's a kneejerk reaction to say Sané can't possibly play LWB off one competitive game particularly when he's already shown he can last season.

It's a kneejerk reaction to say Danilo can't play LWB off one competitive game.

It's a kneejerk reaction to say Sané can't possibly play LWB off one competitive game particularly when he's already shown he can last season.

Where's that 'like' button again..

Agreed, Aguero, Sané, Jesus, David Silva all look a bit undercooked IMO which I'm hoping will turn around pretty sharpish.
To be fair the team have only played 4 pre season games and 2 competitive ( plus Girona). Teams like Everton must be into double figures including 6 competitive games. Hopefully the extra training and less games in the legs will be an advantage later on. I'm sure I've read in the past it takes about 10 games to get fully up to speed and match fit / sharp. Think Pep said better to be fully cooked as we get into Sept / Oct than for the first game.

https://vozperica.com/espanyol-city-mantienen-contactos-oficiosos-aaron-martin/?platform=hootsuite

Espanyol and City maintain unofficial contacts for Aaron Martín
The interest of the English club by Aaron Martin is serious and there are contacts between clubs

Yesterday the CEO of Espanyol denied that there was an official offer from Manchester City by Aarón Martín, and it is true, but what if it is true is that the City in a conversation between both sports directions slipped to the figure of 20 million euros for the Canterano, the Espanyol was open to negotiate the departure of the player.

The way of negotiating Manchester City
Today SPORT colleagues inform us that this is the usual practice of the City when negotiating the signing of a player, first they try to the club owner, they try the figure and then they launch an official offer. In Espanyol are waiting for the same, as confirmed yesterday Ramon Robert. The interest of the City by the canterano is firm, and the official offer is expected next week.

Espanyol is ready to negotiate the departure of Aaron
In the club they welcome the first informal offer City made for the player, but they want to overcome the barrier of 20 million euros and thus approach the clause of the player, which we remember this year is 30 million Euros.

In the club they are aware that with the money of Aaron they could reinforce very well the staff and satisfy to a large extent the exigencies of Quique Sánchez Flowers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.