Bundesliga 2017/18

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40993430

Hamburg winger Nicolai Muller will miss the next seven months after he ruptured a knee ligament in celebrating a goal.

Having scored eight minutes into Saturday's 1-0 home win over Augsburg, Muller performed a series of helicopter whirls before launching himself into a jump as he punched the air.

He landed awkwardly, and was clearly in pain as his team-mates ran to join in.

Hamburg coach Markus Gisdol said it was "certainly a downer, I have never experienced anything like it before".

Muller, 29, joined Hamburg from Mainz in 2014 and has twice played for Germany, most recently in 2013.

He ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, with his club confirming he is expected to be out for "approximately seven months".

Yesterday evening Hansa Rostock had their cup home fixture against Hertha BSC which is already some kind of high risk match because of the old "East" vs "West" rivalry.

Now the home and away section at Rostocks ground are pretty much next to each other which is a recipe for disaster anyway considering the reputation Hansa fans have.

Yesterday evening the Hertha fans lit stupid amounts of flares and other fireworks and threw this stuff over the fences on the pitch and into the Rostock terrace.

Rostock fans retaliated by showing the Hertha fans a huge "Ostkurve Berlin" banner which they stole from Hertha fans a couple years ago. They then proceeded to burn the banner down which caused an exchange of fireworks between the away and home section with several flares/firwork landing "hitting home" in the crowded away/home section.

Game was interrupted twice because of the chaos on the terraces and this will now once more spark the annoying "security at football matches" discussion.

Sooner or later I can see us lose the privilige to still have standing terraces at most grounds, because shit like this seems to happen every couple of month and usually after the whole security discussion has calmed down a bit.

Shitheads...
Any footage of these incidents?

Just for the ones that always repeat the argument with Bayern buying from the other Bundesliga teams...

That is about the players that are currently in all of the Bundesliga clubs. The first number tells you how many players they got from other Bundesliga rivals, Ablöse is the transfer sum - and the last column tells you how many came for free. Bayern e.g. has 8 players that came from other Bundesliga clubs, they paid 105m EUR for them and 2 were without contract and free. Dortmund has 14, paid 168m EUR for them and 1 was for free. (Rasenball probably has atleast 14 players that played in Salzburg before...)

1498997593.jpg
It's not the quantity but the quality that counts. Bayern cherry-pick the best players.

Got to be happy with that Europa League draw @Rhineland

Do you have a dilemma which end you sit in?

No, no dilemma at all. As long as I get a ticket, it's fine. Very happy for the draw indeed, apart from the fact, that I won't be able to make it for the Arsenal v Cologne match as it's on matchday 1 in a fortnight and not in November (as I had thought) . Given Cologne's current form, this could end up in disaster. Still, the travelling Cologne fans will enjoy their day in London. My hope is obviously that both clubs will make it to the next round, but it will be a much tougher task for Cologne than for the Arsenal. Borisov is a CL club in disguise and Belgrade is a tough place to go to. In 1989 or so Cologne overcame a 2-0 deficit from the first leg in Belgrade and won their return match 3:0. One of the best nights Cologne enjoyed in the old Müngersdorfer Stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.