NBC Sports Gold (what's going on??) - for NBC Sports live viewers

MCFCinUSA

(expat based in USA) but past year back in the UK
Team supported
City since 1977
just finished watching our match against the Cherries on NBC Sports live coverage, as I have been doing for the last couple of seasons when I'm based Stateside (and for those who don't know me, yes I'm British & yes, I used to hold a season ticket at Maine Road) but I thought I'd go and watch the Huddersfield game next and for the first time ever I'm seeing 'NBC Sports Gold' pop up as the carrier and it's a paid subscription for $50?

does anyone know if the previous 'every game is free' model from NBC and its various stations has changed?

$50 is nothing for a season-long subscription, but I cannot see City listed in any of the 'Sports Gold' matches over the next few weeks, but I figure at some point it'll be necessary to buy this subscription if as I suspect (but have not confirmed) NBC is changing the way it's been broadcasting the Premier League games (all of them live and for free) over in the USA, or for anyone who has the ability to use a US proxy server*

* and if you're interested in the latter (getting a US proxy server) drop me a line and I'll point you the way

cheers TCIB - nice to see you & exchange again; I may be able to see a few of City's matches in Nov live - if I can get tickets, as I'll be back home, but will no doubt be subscribing shortly for the online coverage.. although I may have to fire off a few letters to NBC on how to properly cover football matches as I'll be a little less tolerant of things not starting on time if I'm paying for it, and will have less patience for lingering close ups of sunsets (during the live match with the ball in play) or extended shots of famous people/regular people in the stands (ditto with the ball in play) and all the other crap their directors put up on the programmes when football is a game where a second here or there can make all the difference to the viewer's complete enjoyment/satisfaction.

I am watching the Barcodes play West Ham and I have just noticed the little NBCSN gold logo top right.

Top right hand corner, I'll get a screenshot brb :)

Just waiting for 2nd half to kick off it'll pop up then.

Bit blurred but there is is.

Screen_Hunter_62_Aug._26_16.22.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.