City v Bournemouth post match

It's all very well and good pundits coming out and defending Raheem but will the red card be rescinded? As it is we are now without Sterling for a massive game against the dippers. Two red cards in two games. You seriously could may make it up!

It's all very well and good pundits coming out and defending Raheem but will the red card be rescinded? As it is we are now without Sterling for a massive game against the dippers. Two red cards in two games. You seriously could may make it up!
I know.
We're filthy. Aren't we?

Maybe Dean just took away the attention to the fact he gave us two extra mins. Why should everyone hate City.
he didn't give us anything more than was required to replace the minutes lost by bournemouth players f*cking around during the original 5 minutes of extras - don't forget the whistle wasn't blown until +10 minutes - the extra 3 being due to the shenanigans down in front of us away fans!

and another thing - does anyone else think the burgers at Bournemouth were most excellent?

What is really wrong with our attack? Why are we struggling to score. It's like De Ja Vu again from last year. Chelsea just beat Everton 2-0 and we struggled to score against them for 82 minutes. Liverpool are up 2-0 against Arsenal. Man United already scored 10 goals and last were 2 against the Foxes. We have only scored 5 goals and 1 of them is an OG, so basically only 4 goals and we worked really hard to score them

Are we facing the same dilemma of teams parking the bus everytime they play us and working for a draw? Or do we actually have a problem up front.

Honestly I am worried that we will lost at home to Liverpool if we continue to miss chances or struggle to score and then against Chelsea and Man United as well. And we look a bit shaky at the back during counter attacks which seems the flavor of the day for any team that plays against us.

We need to find a way to kill a game in the first half and not wait till the last 10 minutes everytime. The Liverpool game will be the real test to our defence, I hope Pep would have sorted us out by then. If we lose that game, I believe we will have a repeat to last year and finish 3rd of 4th. I am praying for a win and a fantastic show, but I am also holding my breath and hoping we don't lose

Lots of positives from yesterdays games for me.

Bournemouth made it very tough from the outset, passed and moved the ball very quickly early on, were very competitive and from speaking to Bournemouth fans tweaked the system to stop us playing.

To counter that we managed to drag ourselves back into the game which last season may have ran away from us, went back to playing 4 at the back with great performances from the two centre halfs, saw glimpes (first time crosses) of what Mendy will offer, great levels of team spirit to keep going until the very end and which was highlighted by the celebrations.

To counter that the only worry is the slow start once again but maybe that is something we will have to expect from a Pep side.

Lots of positives from yesterdays games for me.

Bournemouth made it very tough from the outset, passed and moved the ball very quickly early on, were very competitive and from speaking to Bournemouth fans tweaked the system to stop us playing.

To counter that we managed to drag ourselves back into the game which last season may have ran away from us, went back to playing 4 at the back with great performances from the two centre halfs, saw glimpes (first time crosses) of what Mendy will offer, great levels of team spirit to keep going until the very end and which was highlighted by the celebrations.

To counter that the only worry is the slow start once again but maybe that is something we will have to expect from a Pep side.

Your very lucky if your only worry is the slow start, one or two of us are a tad worried about the performance of the officials and not for the first time this season.
I suppose it will all even out over the season, swings and roundabouts and all that! :)

This could go in so many threads (referees, Sterling, etc etc) but, as the Bishop said to the actress, I'll stick it in here. Apparently, this is the official UEFA ruling on goal celebrations;

DIOCfWLXgAAijgx.jpg

If that is in fact correct, what exactly did Raheem get his second yellow card for? Answers on a postcard to PGMOL....

Found this on Twitter, FA rules are slightly different:

Still the wrong decision of course.

What is really wrong with our attack? Why are we struggling to score. It's like De Ja Vu again from last year. Chelsea just beat Everton 2-0 and we struggled to score against them for 82 minutes. Liverpool are up 2-0 against Arsenal. Man United already scored 10 goals and last were 2 against the Foxes. We have only scored 5 goals and 1 of them is an OG, so basically only 4 goals and we worked really hard to score them

Are we facing the same dilemma of teams parking the bus everytime they play us and working for a draw? Or do we actually have a problem up front.

Honestly I am worried that we will lost at home to Liverpool if we continue to miss chances or struggle to score and then against Chelsea and Man United as well. And we look a bit shaky at the back during counter attacks which seems the flavor of the day for any team that plays against us.

We need to find a way to kill a game in the first half and not wait till the last 10 minutes everytime. The Liverpool game will be the real test to our defence, I hope Pep would have sorted us out by then. If we lose that game, I believe we will have a repeat to last year and finish 3rd of 4th. I am praying for a win and a fantastic show, but I am also holding my breath and hoping we don't lose

Great post. Hits the nail firmly on the head. Peps system isn't facilitating goals. You can call it which way you like but it ain't working and without prolific goal scoring we are up shit creak.

He HAS to sort this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.