Aminu Mohammed

Right, so we've bought another youngster to bring through and then send on loan in order to turn a profit eventually?

As the minimum yes and that's exactly what the academy is here for.

Best case scenario? He proves he has the talent and attitude to make our first team and he saves us £Tens of Millions.

Again the purpose of our academy.

Not at all. I suppose, and I'm not one that is forever calling to play our younger players, it would just be nice to see one of these young men we buy actually get a chance in the first team.

I understand it is dependant on the player being good enough, and working hard to earn that chance. At times though, I do feel we're going the Chelsea route of buying young players we never have any intention of making part of the first team.

I like the look of this kid & he seems as if he might have a chance.

I think legislation should be brought in, that if you sign kids so young you either play them or release them for free.

It should not be allowed to farm players for money. It is taking them away from their natural progression & putting conditions in the way.

I think legislation should be brought in, that if you sign kids so young you either play them or release them for free.

It should not be allowed to farm players for money. It is taking them away from their natural progression & putting conditions in the way.

Not sure that City are in the slave trading business .

Don't we provide an opportunity for these players get coaching / education to benefit them for the future, should they not make the grade at the club ?

It's quite a good idea actually.

It's quite a good idea actually.

Its a short sighted idea. Now clubs have no incentive to develop average players, late bloomers, or any player that necessitates 'taking a chance' on. Bye bye hundreds of footballers!

Or teams have a merry-go-round of playing all their youngsters once or twice so they can sell them.

Its a short sighted idea. Now clubs have no incentive to develop average players, late bloomers, or any player that necessitates 'taking a chance' on. Bye bye hundreds of footballers!

Or teams have a merry-go-round of playing all their youngsters once or twice so they can sell them.

It clearly refers to young kids signing, as in this example, so absolutely none of your points are relevant in any way, to what I posted.

We would still have an academy full of our own scouted players.

neville neville looks nice guy but he is so boring with this kids mantra. whatever thread you open, there is him talking about kids.

It clearly refers to young kids signing, as in this example, so absolutely none of your points are relevant in any way, to what I posted.

We would still have an academy full of our own scouted players.

He's 16? That's not that young at all. We aren't allowed to sign anyone under 16 anyway.

Its still a terrible idea.

If we sign a 'young kid' at what age is the cut off? If its 12 or 14 or whatever that would be a) illegal and b) even if it wasn't you'd just have clubs adjust to buying the players at that age instead to circumvent the rules.

At what point is it decided to play them or release? 18? 21? 30? You do realise the most successful clubs in the world rarely have any teenagers?

how much do we have to play them? Once? Twice? 15 games?

how do we have any idea they can compete? presumably we can't loan them? Lets just stick these kids in the first team and fuck it, fans don't care about winning things anyway.

does this apply to only foreign talents or all 'young kids'? Just english kids? Just kids from Manchester? Whats our catchment for not having to play them or release them? What if they live in buttfuck nowhere in North Wales? Who's catchment do they come under then?

how can we have an academy full of players we have scouted if you're saying there should be legislation that prevents them from signing players unless we commit to playing them? do you want us to give all 200 of the academy kids a start?

This thread is about a youngster that has been supposedly picked up for our academy, so nev nev is perfectly entitled to say about, how we play our youngsters.

I would agree if it wouldn't be repeated on pretty much any thread that has no connection with youngsters. He's bit obsesses with bringing the kids up, tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.