Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it that bad that I rate our youngsters more than Navas, Nolito, Bony, etc? If Pep doesn t rate them, bluemoon doesn t rate them. Is that simple.

That wasn't your point though was it ?

You were describing Sancho as some kind of world beater in amongst teams of other 17-18 year old kids or is that too bloody obvious for you to understand ?

Must admit I only saw him play around four or five times, most notably in the final of the youth cup when he appeared to go on the missing list. BD can afford to chuck him in the first team if that is what they are going to do as there isn't the pressure there that there is in the premier. To all those on here saying Pep should have done this and that let me ask you if he had played 20 games for the first team, scored once, had three assists and we finished sixth in the league would you have been happy? Oh and who would you have dropped from the team that played at Bournemouth to accommodate him?

So that would have been Sancho's fault would it?! Navas played 24 league games last season, scored no goals and got 2 assists and we still managed to finish 3rd.

I'm confused as to why the average EDS/Under 18 games draw such mediocre attendances, given the amount of familiarity and expertise displayed about the Academy and individuals on this board.
There are some honorable exceptions to this sarcasm.

That wasn't your point though was it ?

You were describing Sancho as some kind of world beater in amongst teams of other 17-18 year old kids or is that too bloody obvious for you to understand ?
Yes, he was amazing in those games and he should have received some playing time with the first team. I ve never seen such a talented young player before. And if you cannot control yourself to have a decent conversation please don t reply to me. I m not here to fight anyone.

Yes, he was amazing in those games and he should have received some playing time with the first team. I ve never seen such a talented young player before. And if you cannot control yourself to have a decent conversation please don t reply to me. I m not here to fight anyone.

I was making the point about the level he was playing at, and what appeared to be an " over hyped " assessment, taking the level of talent he was competing with. I have watched games where he looked extremely ordinary , over confident and wasteful.

There are a number of posters who feel like yourself about chances for our youth players, but I don't believe that our management team never watch our youth players in training or games , so must not be as confident about their readiness as you are. City obviously feel he has " potential " as we offered him a very good contact.

I am not an expert or a youth coach , and rely upon what I actually see out on the pitch.

I would suggest that we have different opinions on the player, who imo has behaved in a very unprofessional manner , and has been disrespectful to the club, which has probably help to affect my opinion .

I've nothing else really left to add to the matter.

Time will tell which of us is right about the player, but I can't say that I am bothered that he has left, especially as we seem to have benefited financially now and possibly in the future.

So that would have been Sancho's fault would it?! Navas played 24 league games last season, scored no goals and got 2 assists and we still managed to finish 3rd.
It's a hypothetical situation I just asked for an answer not a comparison

Buy him for Watford couple of years ago for few hundred grand, sell him on for ten million a few years later. Good business. Since when was our academy supposed to produce first team players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.