Balance Sheet

Looks like we've had a good window financially, operating well within ourselves.

I also suspect we've reduced the wage bill overall.

And Bernardo Silva for example, probably already worth £20m more than we paid.
After his performance yesterday, £25m at least!

Looks like we've had a good window financially, operating well within ourselves.

I also suspect we've reduced the wage bill overall.

And Bernardo Silva for example, probably already worth £20m more than we paid.
French sources were quoting numbers reaching 80m mark though. Believing that we've bought him for 43m is madness.

Really? can you post that link that we actually paid 80m!
As is often the case with large transfers, the fee being reported for the deal varies:
Across the channel, British sources like the BBC and the Daily Mail are adamant that the price is “low”. The former are reporting a £43m fee, the latter £60m.
French sources, notably the ever-reliable Mohamed Bouhafsi of RMC is reporting a fee arrangement worth €70m, with sources on the Monaco side informing GFFN that the deal could rise up to €80m.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2017/bernardo-silva-to-manchester-city-done-deal/

French sources were quoting numbers reaching 80m mark though. Believing that we've bought him for 43m is madness.
No it isn't it's logic, I've yet to see 80m from any source French or otherwise(sorry but back it up with sources if you please), do you not think our press would be all over that? They even posed a question to the effect of "are you glad you got your business done early, how much do you think players like B Silva would go for now after the Neymar move?" to Pep, City must have leaked 43m themselves for our press to have taken that figure.

I even did a quick search and the only relevant result was a rumour about Bayern Munich preparing a 80m Euro bid back in March for him.

Edit: Ok you replied with one source(not sure how credible they are though) from way back in May... not enough to convince me sorry. The quote below is quite telling, seems more about their own opinion than anything anyone has told them:
One thing seems certain: AS Monaco Vice President Vadim Vasilyev would not have agreed to a fee in the region of £43m this early on in the transfer window. There is such enormous interest in Silva throughout Europe that he would not have given in for that price.

I find it hard to believe our club would even bother bullshitting about one particular fee. It seems as though the £43m is unanimous with UK sources meaning it's come from someone at the club most likely as I said. It does seem low for a player such as him, maybe it was in mind with us also signing Mendy for a large sum as well and maybe there are add ons(although if there are it's surprising we haven't heard of them yet knowing our anti city press).

Last edited:
No it isn't it's logic, I've yet to see 80m from any source French or otherwise(sorry but back it up with sources if you please), do you not think our press would be all over that? They even posed a question to the effect of "are you glad you got your business done early, how much do you think players like B Silva would go for now after the Neymar move?" to Pep, City must have leaked 43m themselves for our press to have taken that figure.

I even did a quick search and the only relevant result was a rumour about Bayern Munich preparing a 80m Euro bid back in March for him.

Edit: Ok you replied with one source(not sure how credible they are though) from way back in May... not enough to convince me sorry. The quote below is quite telling, seems more about their own opinion than anything anyone has told them:

I find it hard to believe our club would even bother bullshitting about one particular fee. It seems as though the £43m is unanimous with UK sources meaning it's come from someone at the club most likely as I said. It does seem low for a player such as him, maybe it was in mind with us also signing Mendy for a large sum as well and maybe there are add ons(although if there are it's surprising we haven't heard of them yet knowing our anti city press).

Honestly, Idk if that source is credible, inclined to think that the article is based more on assumptions than some inside knowledge.

But I find the mere thought of Silva's availability for 43m to be laughable. He's a unique player tailor-made for tiki-taka football, basically Iniesta's heir. I suppose we signed him for 43m basic fee and some huge easily attainable add-ons (say, 27m or 37m).

As for the British press, I think it's their usual practice of reporting basic fees only, am I wrong?

Honestly, Idk if that source is credible, inclined to think that the article is based more on assumptions than some inside knowledge.

But I find the mere thought of Silva's availability for 43m to be laughable. He's a unique player tailor-made for tiki-taka football, basically Iniesta's heir. I suppose we signed him for 43m basic fee and some huge easily attainable add-ons (say, 27m or 37m).

As for the British press, I think it's their usual practice of reporting basic fees only, am I wrong?
British press love nothing more to write headlines such as "SILVA FLIES IN FOR 3000MILLION DEAL" "BERNARDO IS OK FOR PEP AS HE JOINS IN 99MIL A WEEK DEAL". The fact none of the usual have said anything like that makes me think we got him for 43mil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.