Eliaquim Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that first game against Chelsea everyone thought we bought the other half of the best CB duo in the league. Mangala-Kompany. The right fit for Vinny. The media was singing praises of him.

Then came the own goal, Kompany's injury, errors from him, and Joe Hart constantly shouting in his ear, he became timid, unlike the Beast that he was said to be. His confidence was shot and wearing the City shirt is like a curse to him.

I don't think we'll ever see Mangala in his best with City except for a few glimpses. He feels he is treading on thin ice and his interviews have shown that. All his talk last season of trying harder for the club, the next season is his season to show his worth, he wants to show the fans what he can do, and then he got loaned. But I commend him for not wanting to leave before proving himself even though that chance is unlikely given how Pep might see him now.

Mangala's also close with the others, Sterling particularly. He likes being a City player but it's increasingly hard when he's not rated by Pep.

1:17 & 4:03 show his issues in a Pep team. You can't consistently misplace simple passes like that, I like the guy, but he does that every game & it at times it will cost us - that's without his lapses from a pure defensive point of view.

He's got the physicality, and a great attitude - I just don't think he's got the concentration for our style of play.

Genuinely hope he's forced into a starting position at some point. And then he proves the world wrong. He's got it in him to be a very good center half in the epl. Now that's he here, would be great to see pep give him everything and try to trust and develop him some. Even if it doesn't work out. Just hope he's not seen as dead wait

Last edited:
Genuinely hope we get some injuries and he's forced into a starting position at some point. And then he proves the world wrong. He's got it in him to be a very good center half in the epl. Now that's he here, would be great to see pep give him everything and try to trust and develop him some. Even if it doesn't work out. Just hope he's not seen as dead wait
you hope we get injuries?

Should have forced him to go to crystal palace for the money they were offering

Genuinely hope we get some injuries and he's forced into a starting position at some point. And then he proves the world wrong. He's got it in him to be a very good center half in the epl. Now that's he here, would be great to see pep give him everything and try to trust and develop him some. Even if it doesn't work out. Just hope he's not seen as dead wait

Wishing injury on players is against our code of conduct.

I'm very comfortable having Mangala as our 4th CB, because if truth be known, it could be a lot worse. What we now need to do is concentrate our efforts on a world class CB, Sanchez & another LB to cover for Mendy in the next 2 windows & then we need to think about the successions of Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Fernandinho & Aguero.

Aguero has another 4 years left in him and Kompany has another 2-3 at most taking his injury record into account. Yaya may only have another 1 maybe 2 and Fernandinho possibly 2-3. We mostly have back ups for these, but when they move on, we need like for like replacements so the team can evolve. In this respect, we need to make Sanchez & VVD our priorities.

1:17 & 4:03 show his issues in a Pep team. You can't consistently misplace simple passes like that, I like the guy, but he does that every game & it at times it will cost us - that's without his lapses from a pure defensive point of view.

He's got the physicality, and a great attitude - I just don't think he's got the concentration for our style of play.

yes I agree with you on this. His passes need to be worked on because there is a player in there somewhere. Let's not forget he was instrumental in our 7 win stretch with 5 clean sheets a big part was from him. He settled better with Demichelis and there were 1 or two games when some of us thought he should he MoTM rather than the goalscorer. He was started to be blamed on mistakes that were made by a very poor Clichy, and even Zaba made a mistake that Mangala was blamed for. He was just 23 then and the passes should be coached in him, as much as how we are giving Stones time. Well Pep is, because Stones is his player while Mangala is Pellers.

and his passing is not entirely hopeless. people are quick to forget his accurate diagonals, one of them being a 60 yard pass that found Aguero pass the backline. i think it was QPR 2014 or was it Hull.

his passing is suspect, but to put Tosin as better than him on it is crazy. From watching EDS Half of Tosin' passes after his tackles go to the opposing player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.