Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In north Wales and a baggie just said to me "I'm glad you didn't get our Johnny Evans"

He looked genuinely shocked when I replied "so am I" and then went in to say he's better than any of our centre halves lol

I hope we are back in for him in January just to so we can get a 1000 page thread in the transfer forum all about not wanting a player :)

The reason most people I know dont want Evans is because they think he`s an average defender who plays in an 11 man defence at his present mid/table club.
At City the defence dont have the luxury of deep cover or protection from a defencive mid. Even player`s like Otamendi and Mangala who were coveted by some of the best teams in Europe are made to look average at times of pressure when isolated.

When Jonny F Evans left United was he sought by a gaggle of top clubs for his signature. No he ended up a WEST BROMICH ALBION. Now we the people that think he is an average defender in an 11 man defence are being ask to belief all this bollocks that Jonny has turned into the new Franc Beckenbauer.

Not for me. I`d of taken Maguire before this clown and just for the record he wouldnt be right for us either.

That's a fair assessment IMO, just think an average PL centre half (Evans) would have been better for us than the accidents that are Stones, Otamendi and Mangala. They are terrible.

This was Evans at our place. Didn't do a single thing, like someone who won the lottery to play for a PL team.

I was at the stands and things that I assume won't be on camera won't be in that video above, but he was absolutely very poor without the ball. Positioning, telling his other defenders to make wrong decisions, indecisiveness, I remembered because he was by far the worst player of the 22 on the pitch, and Kompany was back in form.

Thank Mangala for blocking the Evans transfer. Our expectation is that Evans would have been 4th choice. But I shudder to think Pep might rate him more than Otamendi and make Evans-Kompany our first team pair. That would be a disaster, and then comes the Bravo like stubbornness by playing him 10 games more than he should before Pep is the last person to realise that Evans is the cause for us floating around 5th-6th. Thank Mangala.

This was Evans at our place. Didn't do a single thing, like someone who won the lottery to play for a PL team.

I was at the stands and things that I assume won't be on camera won't be in that video above, but he was absolutely very poor without the ball. Positioning, telling his other defenders to make wrong decisions, indecisiveness, I remembered because he was by far the worst player of the 22 on the pitch, and Kompany was back in form.

Thank Mangala for blocking the Evans transfer. Our expectation is that Evans would have been 4th choice. But I shudder to think Pep might rate him more than Otamendi and make Evans-Kompany our first team pair. That would be a disaster, and then comes the Bravo like stubbornness by playing him 10 games more than he should before Pep is the last person to realise that Evans is the cause for us floating around 5th-6th. Thank Mangala.

Jesus christ. That paragraph is the definition of hyperbole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.