Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling dead certainly to be the best in the world in his position lol.

You might as well just write IM AN OVERLY OPTIMISTIC ENGLISHMAN on your forehead.

The kid has accomplished absolutely nothing, even compared to Pulisic, let alone players you deem world class.
===
C wut eye dyud?
===
Edit - Pulisic has a far higher upside than Sterling (they don't play the same position, yes).

But attacking mid is so crowded with talent that unless he's Xavi/Inessta-like, he'll be great for sure but nothing hugely special.

Mbappe, on the other hand, may be - just might - be a Balon'Dior winner in years to come (I don't think that Puisic is in this category, but who knows).

Pretty sure you're talking to an American.

Sterling dead certainly to be the best in the world in his position lol.

You might as well just write IM AN OVERLY OPTIMISTIC ENGLISHMAN on your forehead.

The kid has accomplished absolutely nothing, even compared to Pulisic, let alone players you deem world class.
===
C wut eye dyud?
===

Yeah, made a completely baseless, yet very amusing comparison.

No Englishmen are claiming Sterling will be the best player in his position, so your awful attempt at humour didn't work.

Well, he is a City supporter.
Touche!

But then again, so am I :-)

Don't know why the big push back from my comments about Sterling - I'm claiming that:
1) He's an asset to our side;
2) He should start regularly when fit/when tactics suit;
3) He should not at all have been part of a trade for Sanchez;
4) He's been absolutely clutch as of late, scoring hugely needed goals that might well make all the difference in the title race;
5) He's inconsistent and lacks confidence and will never be world best at his position - why? - because he's been this way since I've ever seen him play -this is intrinsic to his nature.

Yeah, made a completely baseless, yet very amusing comparison.

No Englishmen are claiming Sterling will be the best player in his position, so your awful attempt at humour didn't work.
And no (reasonable) American is claiming that Pulisic will for sure be the best at his position either - but the potential is there.

It's for sure early days - but the point is - Pulisic hasn't shown any intrinsic weaknesses to his game that would curtail him from some day becoming World Class/one of the best/the best at his position. But there are what - 6 top leagues - with what? - 20 teams in each league - with backups too - so 1 in 6 * 20 * 2 = 1 in 240 or so at eventually being world's best at his position - plus attacking mid isn't just 1 position so maybe it's even less.

The point though - the potential for world class is there with no obvious weakness preventing this - but the odds are highly against this happening nonetheless.

And - since you're clueless and I need to point this out - this is precisely the point.

Sterling's potential is obviously limited.

MBappe's for sure - and Pulisic's too - are not.
===
Edit - how you jumped from my comparison of potential to the claim that I think that Pulsic is word best at his position astounds me. Are you even reading my posts?

And your agreement with me about Sterling's potential (ceiling) leads me to believe that you're simply going out of the way to seek confrontation.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think a few of us think you're being OTT by feeling the need to tell us every other day that you're not a fan of his.
When did I say I'm not a fan of his? On current form, I think that he should start every game for us when fit, provided that tactics dictate.

In recent MoTM polls, he's been my MoTM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.