Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was quoting someone else :)
All's good.

Simplifying things....

I love Sterling. Fucked that he's red-carded. That could cost us the league. There are better wingers out there in World Football - but we're not far wrong going with Raheem.

If we don't win the title this year - it almost certainly won't be Sterling's fault.

Come on now.
:-)

I'm going to assume that you're trolling.

Nonetheless - here's why - whatever Sterling's faults (I've outlined them above) - and whether or not a super duper world class winger replacement might do us better - Sterling has been *CLUTCH* - absolutely, positively, fucking, Michael Jordan - *CLUTCH* - scoring goals in closing moments to rescue points.
============
Edit: And no, I'm not trying to have it both ways.

Sterling is a very good winger, but will never be among the very, very best (top 5) at his position . in World football.

But he is an extremely good winger, nonetheless - is a valuable asset to our side - and lately, for whatever reason - scores goals when we most need.
============
As for costing us the league - as Pep says - we need to be far more clinical in front of goal.

Sterling too has missed his share of chances - but at least he scores (lately) when when me most need.

Last edited:
:-)

I'm going to assume that you're trolling.

Nonetheless - here's why - whatever Sterling's faults (I've outlined them above) - and whether or not a super duper world class winger replacement might do us better - Sterling has been *CLUTCH* - absolutely, positively, fucking, Michael Jordan - *CLUTCH* - scoring goals in closing moments to rescue points.
============
Edit: And no, I'm not trying to have it both ways.

Sterling is a very good winger, but will never be among the very, very best (top 3) at his position . in World football.

But he is an extremely good winger, nonetheless - is a valuable asset to our side - and lately, for whatever reason - scores goals when we most need.

Why would I be trolling?
And what the fuck does what you just wrote have to do with you thinking him missing one match against the dippers could cost us the league?

Why would I be trolling?
And what the fuck does what you just wrote have to do with you thinking him missing one match against the dippers could cost us the league?
My apologies then.

I think it might well be a very close race between us and the scum - to the extent that we're not able to field the precise squad in any game that Pep wants - that might cost us.

Add to this - Sterling has come up trumps lately - scoring goals when we most need them.

Could Sterling's absence against Pool hurt us? - absolutely - is our squad more than capable of overcoming his absence? - again absolutely. Still, I'd rather have Sterling available going against Pool rather than not - it's very small things like this that the title may hinge on.

You take a couple of posters and tar us all with the same brush,i look foward to you not giving the majority a hard time on there this season

I dont remember you fighting his corner against the vitriol and name calling that he got on here, yet as soon as anyone dares to criticise a player you have taken a liking to, you defend.

The shit Bravo got was well OTT and you well know that. If you cared to read my posts on Bravo, you will see I both praised and criticised him, but the bulk of my posts were having a go at the numpties who just spouted shit for the sake of it.

Every other day, go on then quote them back, there should be 7 from the last fortnight if you are correct - which to save you the bother - your not

Just so you know, this took only 2 minutes to do, and there's more from the past 2 weeks.

I dont see the hype at all I'm afraid. Yes, he won us points but that was one moment in 90.
I have no desire to do him down as you put it, but I feel people are being way OTT in what they believe he is or can be
As for support, he gets that every game from me, doesn't mean he cannot be criticised on an internet forum though for his perfomances.

Sorry lads and lasses, but IMO he remains infuriatingly inconsistent and even on Monday was wasteful in possession. Before his goal, he was dreadful. Appreciate I am in a very small minority, but just don't see it with him - sorry

Not particularly. I appreciate he has good stats re goals/assists, but he is still making far too many poor decisions/conceding possession for his experience imo

Absolutely he does, not only in front of goal, but also his decision making at crucial times. I am no fan of his and hope he proves me wrong, but I see him getting more bench time this season than many on here would like.

I must have been at a different game as other than his goal, I thought he was awful

I hope you are right and he makes me eat my words but for someone who has had several years in the PL, he IMO remains far too inconsistent. He shows glimpses now and then, but for every great bit, it is equaled by some poor decision making etc. Anyway, this is simply my opinion and I respect yours and the others who responded to my post.

He gets my support as all players do on the pitch. I simply think for his age and PL experience, he should not be as inconsistent as he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.