EDS future opportunities and progression?

If we still need to sign 30 year old attackers to fill out a group like that, it means we have already signed the wrong players imo.

That's twice you've mentioned the age thing....so,given you dont like being wrong and assuming you are refering to Alexis.....he's currently 28,29 in December ;-)

However,that aside.....i do agree that a youngster would be ideal.For that reason i would have loved to have kept Unal,as he had the right blend of potential and talent coupled with being a different type of striker to Kun and Jesus.

made a video discussing Sancho which kinda fits the topic of this if anyone fancies a watch. More debating the pathway issue at City.

That's twice you've mentioned the age thing....so,given you dont like being wrong and assuming you are refering to Alexis.....he's currently 28,29 in December ;-)

However,that aside.....i do agree that a youngster would be ideal.For that reason i would have loved to have kept Unal,as he had the right blend of potential and talent coupled with being a different type of striker to Kun and Jesus.

I think Unal would have been perfect. I don't know how good he will become, will have to wait & see, he wouldn't need to be a genius as 3rd choice cf though, just to be able to deflect a cross in or get on the end of a header etc, when needed.

But...rightly or wrongly, he thinks he's going to be the dog's bollocks, so, unlike Kelechi, would not be willing to sit on our bench.

If he starts scoring in Spain though, imo we should buy him back, as soon as possible.

made a video discussing Sancho which kinda fits the topic of this if anyone fancies a watch. More debating the pathway issue at City.

I agree with pretty much all of that. He handled it terribly, but perhaps he tried doing it the right way & they just refused to let him go ?

Anyhow, although on the face of it, mention of the World Cup sounds ridiculous, it would be difficult to play worse than most of the England front line did v Malta.

(Foden would have been a huge upgrade on Henderson or Livermore in a game like that in midfield)

The shortsightedness/closed shop would probably rule out any chance of that, unless he played for Utd though (which he probably would be doing if we'd let him).

It's maybe a blessing for the young players, that Sanchez didn't come, but arguably the player who would be 1st in the queue & most likely to succeed as a backup cf, is Ambrose, who is away on loan.

It's all a bit arse over tit imo.

Random question (didn't know where to put it) but do we not have any fullbacks at the EDS that can come up and perform if needed? After Zinchenko against the Wolves, who had a so-so game (did ok in the first half and for a guy who hasn't had meaningful football in a while) but doesn't really have the pace to be a LB, I think we might need someone until we can get cover in January.

Random question (didn't know where to put it) but do we not have any fullbacks at the EDS that can come up and perform if needed? After Zinchenko against the Wolves, who had a so-so game (did ok in the first half and for a guy who hasn't had meaningful football in a while) but doesn't really have the pace to be a LB, I think we might need someone until we can get cover in January.
It was the weakest area of our EDS with Angelino the only standout. We have good ones now at younger age groups but they are all 16 or younger. Duhaney who is naturally a RB just turned 19, he has played LB a few times, I think I'd prefer him there instead.

It was the weakest area of our EDS with Angelino the only standout. We have good ones now at younger age groups but they are all 16 or younger. Duhaney who is naturally a RB just turned 19, he has played LB a few times, I think I'd prefer him there instead.
Oh ok. Who's currently starting at LB or LWB at the EDS level?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.