Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt now they offered £8m but there is no way City would accept that. They should have offered £10m and a 40% sell on and we would still make a profit.

Our board have as much trouble spending money as I do perfecting triple back flips.

Not getting a CB drove me to the edge of insanity too.

I think we will pay dearly for the board's shortsightedness, it just does not make sense, especially when you're trying to compete against major opposition in the CL.

Didn't we pay £11/12m for him? No chance he was ever getting sold for £8m. I've just read somewhere that Rodgers said they could've offered £30m and we wouldn't have sold him....if that's the case then that doesn't sound like a player Pep doesn't fancy, although the amount of minutes he got during preseason was a joke.

Moan moan moan moan moan......why not all rejoice in Ederson, Mendy, Walker, Bernardo, Danilo........we were told from the start we were not going for VVD & 90% on here didn't want Evans ....Messi & M'Bappe were non starters.....yes we missed Sanchez could we have done more to get him don't know cos he wasn't for sale until the Monday........ so let's bask in what was a pretty good window!IMO!

Moan moan moan moan moan......why not all rejoice in Ederson, Mendy, Walker, Bernardo, Danilo........we were told from the start we were not going for VVD & 90% on here didn't want Evans ....Messi & M'Bappe were non starters.....yes we missed Sanchez could we have done more to get him don't know cos he wasn't for sale until the Monday........ so let's bask in what was a pretty good window!IMO!
I agree up to a point but we shed quite a few and as a consequence the squad is a bit light in spots. I think we have a higher quality but more shallow squad
a bit like Chelsea. This is where the Rags may have the edge over us as the season plays out.

Didn't we pay £11/12m for him? No chance he was ever getting sold for £8m. I've just read somewhere that Rodgers said they could've offered £30m and we wouldn't have sold him....if that's the case then that doesn't sound like a player Pep doesn't fancy, although the amount of minutes he got during preseason was a joke.

Yes, Brendan Rodgers apparently has come out and said that indeed is the case, Man City wouldn't have sold him for £ 30 million. That said, it appears it was Roberts that argued that he wanted to rejoin Celtic. From what I can ascertain, Man City already have preferable players for Roberts position (apparently he couldn't get on the Man City bench pre-season) . So is it likely he'll ever make it at Man City ?.

Yes, Brendan Rodgers apparently has come out and said that indeed is the case, Man City wouldn't have sold him for £ 30 million. That said, it appears it was Roberts that argued that he wanted to rejoin Celtic. From what I can ascertain, Man City already have preferable players for Roberts position (apparently he couldn't get on the Man City bench pre-season) . So is it likely he'll ever make it at Man City ?.
My own impression is that he is a player who is developing physically a bit later than some and at his age he may be a lot stronger in a years time and be a player who may well make it. Don't know obviously meantime I hope he does really well this season.

I have no doubt now they offered £8m but there is no way City would accept that. They should have offered £10m and a 40% sell on and we would still make a profit.

Our board have as much trouble spending money as I do perfecting triple back flips.

Not getting a CB drove me to the edge of insanity too.

Absolutely zero chance we are going to offer 40% sell on. Have you EVER heard of anyone agreeing to that high a percentage never mind Peter Lawwell haha.

£8-10million with a buy back clause to City would be an option i would think. 10-20% sell on maybe. Our whole model is based on buy cheap sell big, if it was to go through it would be interesting to see how we play it.

Also FWIW doesn't look like City paid £12mil. Looks more like £5mil upfront potentially rising to £12mil.

Absolutely zero chance we are going to offer 40% sell on. Have you EVER heard of anyone agreeing to that high a percentage never mind Peter Lawwell haha.

£8-10million with a buy back clause to City would be an option i would think. 10-20% sell on maybe. Our whole model is based on buy cheap sell big, if it was to go through it would be interesting to see how we play it.

Also FWIW doesn't look like City paid £12mil. Looks more like £5mil upfront potentially rising to £12mil.

Richards had a 50% sell on when we got him from Oldham

In my view, 50% of a lot of money is better Business than 100% of fuck all.

Celtic don't seem to get that and is the reason, ot certainly one of them, that I am a greetin faced bastard.

In my view, 50% of a lot of money is better Business than 100% of fuck all.

Celtic don't seem to get that and is the reason, ot certainly one of them, that I am a greetin faced bastard.

Zero chance we are going to break our transfer record and and offer 40% sell on. The risks are too big and i wouldn't blame Lawwell for refusing that offer if it came about. Could be in the CL groups every year and we still wont fork out the cash required mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.