Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on then, enlighten us, why did Sinclair fail at the two top clubs he was at, in England, before tearing it up in a shite league, north of the border? Pretty sure Sinclair played in the CL for your lot last season too, how did that work out? Oh yeah, you finished bottom.
We got to a semi-final less than 5 years ago.
When did a Scottish team last do that? (cue lisbon lions comment).
Face it, if and when you make the CL/Europa group stages, those are the only difficult games you have all season, with the exception of maybe one or two domestic games, if your rubbish opponents ever raise their game enough.

Why is it our fault the others aren't as strong as they would hope?

I don't think a Scottish team will ever be able to win the CL. We just can't compete. That gulf in resources shows how much we punch above our weight. We finished bottom, yes we did, but we improved and hopefully will again this year.

Do you ever feel bad about having a better team and more money than Hull?

Didn't think so.

Oh and Sinclair played well at Seansea. To be honest I'm glad he fell away. If he hadn't we wouldn't have him and restored to play the way he is.

Why is it our fault the others aren't as strong as they would hope?

Do you ever feel bad about having a better team and more money than Hull?

Oh and Sinclair played well at Seansea. To be honest I'm glad he fell away. If he hadn't we wouldn't have him and restored to play the way he is.
1. Where did I say it was?
2. Why would I? (by the way, Hull are not in the Premier League).
3. Swansea. I said one of the two top sides he played for. The Scottish Premier League and English Championship are his level.

It was possibly that attitude that prevented you from buying VVD for £13m.

Well, he's playing against fuck all, my sainted mother would give him a harder game....and so on.

Let's see how he does in the CL. Or is the Prem a higher level than that, even though it's been five years since any team landed a glove anywhere near it?
Come on you know your league is absolutely shit. And I don't aim that at Celtic but at all your opponents. It probably is why lots of teams were unsure of VVD but not because they assumed he was shit but more likely that it makes it so difficult to judge Celtic players and how good they really are. Some go on to prove they can step up and lots don't but they all look decent because they rarely play anyone of any quality so it must be tough to workout who can step up and who can't. I think m we are at that point with Roberts. He's could be anything, who knows? Which is why IMO it would be more useful for us if he'd gone to a tougher league this season. Although I accept Celtic was good for his development the last couple of years. But Sterling is still better. :)

Come on you know your league is absolutely shit. And I don't aim that at Celtic but at all your opponents. It probably is why lots of teams were unsure of VVD but not because they assumed he was shit but more likely that it makes it so difficult to judge Celtic players and how good they really are. Some go on to prove they can step up and lots don't but they all look decent because they rarely play anyone of any quality so it must be tough to workout who can step up and who can't. I think m we are at that point with Roberts. He's could be anything, who knows? Which is why IMO it would be more useful for us if he'd gone to a tougher league this season. Although I accept Celtic was good for his development the last couple of years. But Sterling is still better. :)

Well, you can see class in a player anywhere they play. They have either got that innate technical ability or they don't.

Our players at Celtic are a lot better than they get credit for down there.

Well, you can see class in a player anywhere they play. They have either got that innate technical ability or they don't.

Our players at Celtic are a lot better than they get credit for down there.
Fair enough but without wanting to labour my point, if Sinclair had never played in England, 100% people would think he was a world beater because as we've established, he's pretty much the best player in Scotland. And we know that he isn't capable of that step up in level, he's a flat track bully. And that's all I'm saying, there's an element of gamble because you don't know if you're going to end up with a VVD or a Denayer or a Scott Sinclair or a Henrik Laarson.

Fair enough but without wanting to labour my point, if Sinclair had never played in England, 100% people would think he was a world beater because as we've established, he's pretty much the best player in Scotland. And we know that he isn't capable of that step up in level, he's a flat track bully. And that's all I'm saying, there's an element of gamble because you don't know if you're going to end up with a VVD or a Denayer or a Scott Sinclair or a Henrik Laarson.

Tierney is the best player in Scotland. That aside, being able to spot a player as we did with VVD and others, for £2m allows us to take on teams who should run over the top of us.

I hope you watch our games in the CL and even more we play well and maybes earn a wee nod of approval. :)

Tierney is the best player in Scotland. That aside, being able to spot a player as we did with VVD and others, for £2m allows us to take on teams who should run over the top of us.

I hope you watch our games in the CL and even more we play well and maybes earn a wee nod of approval. :)
I think Celtic are pretty good tbh. I don't buy the whole thing that you'd be mid table in the championship that I've read on here before. I reckon you'd start off with the team you have being bottom half Prem but comfortably safe from going down. And with your support and Prem money you'd be top 6 within a few years. The issue is that pretty much the rest of the Scottish Prem teams look league 1 level, maybe bottom half championship at best imo.

I think Celtic are pretty good tbh. I don't buy the whole thing that you'd be mid table in the championship that I've read on here before. I reckon you'd start off with the team you have being bottom half Prem but comfortably safe from going down. And with your support and Prem money you'd be top 6 within a few years. The issue is that pretty much the rest of the Scottish Prem teams look league 1 level, maybe bottom half championship at best imo.

We have no escape. We just need to get on with it. Our CL qualification allows us to test ourselvesand hopefully get better. Just getting there is our primary target.

Nothing to do with him being in a shite league, of course.

Read the parts you've highlighted in bold and under-lined again.

Go on then, enlighten us, why did Sinclair fail at the two top clubs he was at, in England, before tearing it up in a shite league, north of the border? Pretty sure Sinclair played in the CL for your lot last season too, how did that work out? Oh yeah, you finished bottom.
We got to a semi-final less than 5 years ago.
When did a Scottish team last do that? (cue lisbon lions comment).
Face it, if and when you make the CL/Europa group stages, those are the only difficult games you have all season, with the exception of maybe one or two domestic games, if your rubbish opponents ever raise their game enough.

Your arrogance is off the scale haha.

Congratulations on going out in a semi-final, one for the grandkids.
In regards to the league opposition its a fair comment. The teams are shit, we all know it... so whats your point?... didn't hinder us in the 2 games against the mighty City last season, did it?

Read the parts you've highlighted in bold and under-lined again.

Your arrogance is off the scale haha.

Congratulations on going out in a semi-final, one for the grandkids.
In regards to the league opposition its a fair comment. The teams are shit, we all know it... so whats your point?... didn't hinder us in the 2 games against the mighty City last season, did it?

It did when it came to qualifying from the group though.

You caught us cold in the first game, kudos. You raise your game against the very best and being honest we displayed an arrogant complacency in that one.

The second game has no relevance to anything as it was a dead rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.