John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was great today even when they had 11 on the pitch. He needs to have a bit more confidence in himself instead of backing off looking for the perfect opportunity to tackle cos normally when he defends on the front foot he wins more than he loses.

I'm really happy for him. He needing a big game today and he had one. That's my one gripe with him as well.

Alright uncle @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer he can take Nico's spot if we go 4 at the back next week. :-)

He's still frustrating the shit out of me though pal, he stands off far too often when attacked at pace. He needs to learn the percentages of conceding soft free kicks, instead of doing so around our 18 yard box. He's got it though, when you see the pressure off he wakes up, meaning it's in his head!

He was bang average today, swinging his boot at the ball and skying it in the air on at least two occasions. He backs of attackers to the point where they look like they will run it into the net, and this has been an ongoing problem with him. He had one good moment where he saved Otamendi. His main saving grace was the fact that he looked good when compared to how unspeakably shite Otamendi was. I dread to think how the defence would have fared if they didn't go down to 10 men.

He was bang average today, swinging his boot at the ball and skying it in the air on at least two occasions. He backs of attackers to the point where they look like they will run it into the net, and this has been an ongoing problem with him. He had one good moment where he saved Otamendi. His main saving grace was in fact that he looked good when compared to how unspeakably shite Otamendi was. I dread to think how the defence would have fared if they didn't go down to 10 men.
This, and now he can't even consistently make comfortable passes to another CB under zero pressure. What's happening with him? He wasn't that bad last season in terms of passing at least.

This, and now he can't even consistently make comfortable passes to another CB under zero pressure. What's happening with him? He wasn't that bad last season in terms of passing at least.

other then one pass that went out of play in the first half. i think all his passes pretty much made it comfortably to the other defenders. unless I'm wrong ? can't remember him giving it away or struggling to pass

He was bang average today, swinging his boot at the ball and skying it in the air on at least two occasions. He backs of attackers to the point where they look like they will run it into the net, and this has been an ongoing problem with him. He had one good moment where he saved Otamendi. His main saving grace was the fact that he looked good when compared to how unspeakably shite Otamendi was. I dread to think how the defence would have fared if they didn't go down to 10 men.
Thats a load of bullshit. He was excellent today, reading the game brilliantly time after time with nice interceptions and good clearences.

other then one pass that went out of play in the first half. i think all his passes pretty much made it comfortably to the other defenders. unless I'm wrong ? can't remember him giving it away or struggling to pass
I didn't say he was giving them away. But even simplest passes to the nearest players should be made in a comfortable way for the receiver. I'm bad at gif making, so I'm afraid I won't be able to illustrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.