John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say he was giving them away. But even simplest passes to the nearest players should be done in a comfortable way for the receiver. I'm bad at gif making, so I'm afraid I won't be able to illustrate it.

no idea what you mean mate. to me his passing was fine today.

other then one pass that went out of play in the first half. i think all his passes pretty much made it comfortably to the other defenders. unless I'm wrong ? can't remember him giving it away or struggling to pass

97.2% pass completion.

103 passes out of 106 attempts.

Thats a load of bullshit. He was excellent today, reading the game brilliantly time after time with nice interceptions and good clearences.

The entire period they had 11 men, our whole defensive unit were a dribbling mess. I watch Stones closely as I don't rate him, and he certainly was not brilliant during this period. When they went down to 10 he was totes amazeballs.

He had a good game today, and a few times he bossed around Otamendi too, showing signs of some leadership in Kompany's absence.

More than once, after Salah got behind Otamendi, both of them went to chase him down, Stones very clearly told Otamendi it was his and to go cover elsewhere, then made the tackle.

He wasn't outstanding - everyone in the defence had a few dodgy moments, but If Pep's looking at Danilo's performance in that back 3 and thinking he wants him there more often, Stones isn't the one who'll be worried about his place.

So bang average then :rolleyes:

Just having good pass completion doesn't make him amazing, but it does dispel any idea he couldn't pass a ball to his other CB's.

As I said above, I thought he looked very good in a few patches and made some big tackles and interceptions when Liverpool were on top. He didn't look solid, but considering any ball down our left touchline put liverpool through on goal, no one looked comfortable.

Just having good pass completion doesn't make him amazing, but it does dispel any idea he couldn't pass a ball to his other CB's.

As I said above, I thought he looked very good in a few patches and made some big tackles and interceptions when Liverpool were on top. He didn't look solid, but considering any ball down our left touchline put liverpool through on goal, no one looked comfortable.

Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.