Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------------Ederson------------------
Walker------Stones-----Mangala----Mendy
----------------------Yaya---------------------
--------------B. Silva---D. Silva------------
Sterling---------------------------------Sane
----------------------Jesus-------------------

Little bit of rotation for me, bring on Danilo for one of the fullbacks after 65 mins, plus Gundogan for Yaya if things are going well, and maybe even a run out for Foden.

Glad Dirk Kuyt is retired

He wasn't going to start anyway, haha. In the second half of last season he only started three or four matches. And yes he heroed in the championship match, but he was also the guy who kicked us out of europe when he lost possesion against Fenerbache.

I've no idea about Feyenoord, but please do not play 3 at the back.

Got away with it against Liverpool because Salah could not pick a pass, but it just gives such an easy way for our opponent to threaten our goal. If we had a quick left sided central defender (move Mendy tocentre back?) it could work.

Feyenoord will have watched our game and noted this as a weakness they could exploit.

We have quite quick wingers, but I highly doubt that we can use them, since you'll probably force us back into defence. Also our most important striker (and only player with Champions League experience) is injured, so there will be nobody in front of goal to pass it to, since our back up striker isn't usefull against bigger teams. Also our leftback is injured and we have to play Lord Nelom on that position. I can't imagine him playing against sterling, I'm already shitting myself.

We normally have slow centre backs (if our manager decides to play Botteghin and van der Heijden, that would be suicide.) so hopefully we'll play 5-3-2 with st. juste as an extra centre back, because he's quick.

All wraped up, you shouldn't have too much trouble with our side. I think a 0-2. But I hope a sneaky 1-0 like we did last year with your 'beloved' neighbours.

Can't wait for that trip. Meet up with my Dutch mates from ADO and of course my friends from Manchester. Only 2 1/2 hours by train. Expect a difficult match and a fantastic atmosphere in De Kuip. Bring it on.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I've no idea about Feyenoord, but please do not play 3 at the back.

Got away with it against Liverpool because Salah could not pick a pass, but it just gives such an easy way for our opponent to threaten our goal. If we had a quick left sided central defender (move Mendy tocentre back?) it could work.

Feyenoord will have watched our game and noted this as a weakness they could exploit.

We played a back four at Bournemouth and mendy played just as far forward and did just as little defending as yesterday. If pep is going to give him license to stay forward then we need to provide cover behind him. The problem yesterday was that we had otamendi, a right footed centre back, playing almost as a left back against a very fast wide player.
I expect we'll play three at the back but with Danilo providing the cover

What kind of team are they by the way? Passing, long ball? Might make a difference to how we line up, defensively that is. Confess I know little about the Dutch league, hope our connections at NAC Breda give us some good advice.

Offensively I have little concern whoever plays, we'll have the ball a lot and should create. Finish like yesterday and we'll be very happy. This is what pep wanted, a system that works even if a few players miss out or are rested, because the 'backups' are just as good.

At this stage of the competition there is also a chance the opposition will overly respect us as a big team. So take advantage, be ruthless and send a message out to the group and to Europe. Our cup.

Based on yesterday I'd expect Bernardo and Jesus to start, Ederson if fit, and Sané too. Have a weird feeling Gundogan will start too.

What kind of team are they by the way? Passing, long ball? Might make a difference to how we line up, defensively that is. Confess I know little about the Dutch league, hope our connections at NAC Breda give us some good advice.

Offensively I have little concern whoever plays, we'll have the ball a lot and should create. Finish like yesterday and we'll be very happy. This is what pep wanted, a system that works even if a few players miss out or are rested, because the 'backups' are just as good.

At this stage of the competition there is also a chance the opposition will overly respect us as a big team. So take advantage, be ruthless and send a message out to the group and to Europe. Our cup.

in the Dutch league we have the most power of all the teams, we barely play long balls, play a classic 4-3-3 with one attacking midfielder and two box to box, but I guess we are making some changes while we play Man city. (And we should because otherwise it would be a suicide mission).

Based on yesterday I'd expect Bernardo and Jesus to start, Ederson if fit, and Sané too. Have a weird feeling Gundogan will start too.

If Ederson wasn't concussed then it would make sense to get him back into the action as quickly as possible. Jesus's early substitution suggest he's more likely to play then Aguero. I think its a case of any 2 from Bernardo, Sane & Sterling.

You never know with Pep, but I expect Gundogan to have 20 mins from the bench before he starts. Pity we couldn't get him on yesterday. They should change the rules on the number of substitutions to allow an extra one if a substitution has to be made as a consequence of a direct red card offence.

This is first game for us in the champions league this season and it's also an away game so we have to go full strength and get the game won early and rest players towards the end of the game. Gundogan bernardo yaya will get lots of opportunities it's too early for rotation.

If Ederson wasn't concussed then it would make sense to get him back into the action as quickly as possible. Jesus's early substitution suggest he's more likely to play then Aguero. I think its a case of any 2 from Bernardo, Sane & Sterling.

You never know with Pep, but I expect Gundogan to have 20 mins from the bench before he starts. Pity we couldn't get him on yesterday. They should change the rules on the number of substitutions to allow an extra one if a substitution has to be made as a consequence of a direct red card offence.

I know this is the sensible thing to think but my mind wanders back to exactly a year ago when Gundogan returned from injury and made his debut for the club in the first UCL group stage game with a start despite not even previously being on as a sub. It's just a feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.