Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he did well yesterday and he is not a bad player just doesnt fit into peps system. He showed yesterday that he might be able to do it given time and i hope he does because you cannot fault him for effort.

Thought he was good yesterday. Would love him to succeed, good guy and thoroughly professional. His distribution and discipline were fine and he has always had pace and strength. He could be the surprise of this season.

I think Pep will play him. Stones and Otamendi will need rest at points. Wouldn't be shocked to see him start on Weds or at the weekend.

Great professionalism from him to, you never hear a peep and he always works hard.

If the rumours that we were looking to replace him are true,then it was craziness.He will never be the most graceful of players but he is an awesome option when physicality is the order of the day and power and pace are required.

Yesterday,he also showed good composure and a decent passing range,he did himself no harm at all.I'm a bit biased because i like the lad,and i want him to succeed,but i really cant see how we would have gotten ourselves a better quality '4th' choice with such a fantastic attitude.

Played an excellent ball up to KDB yesterday on the fourth goal. Would like to see more of that from Otamendi and Stones actually.

Was originally frustrated with Pep bringing him on instead of Foden or Gundogan, but Otamendi was on a yellow so fair play.
We are 1 injury away from him playing every game, so he needs some game time to be fully fit, also Otamendi has just been half way round the world to play 2 games, so it was a sensible decision. Had we not had to bring Bravo on, I suspect Foden would have got on, though we wouldn't likely have been 4-0 up, so circumstances might have been different.

He did OK when he came on, but there will be far bigger tests than that.

Wouldn't be shocked if he got a start in the CL game with giving Otamendi a rest, he looked good in his brief cameo against Liverpool who clearly gave up, but played some good passes yesterday. He could be Peps biggest project player in a while to get to ironing out his passing skills and improving his defensive attributes.

Really happy for him that he got game time yesterday, might be in the minority but i really appreciate him for the attitude he has shown since he moved to city. Not even once he moaned about anything in media really which speaks volume about his character. Hope he will continue to improve under pep and becomes a regular in cup games. That pass to debruyne yesterday was top notch and his 100% pass completion ratio does suggest he is putting a concentrated effort to improve his game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.