Former City player convicted of fraud

bluethrunthru

Don't know if anybody has seen it today but Paul Sugrue - played for us early 80's under Big Mal I think - has been arrested with former player Mark Aizlewood - they are accused of starting a company that used "invented" claimants to do apprenticeships to con dosh out of HMG !

Don't know if anybody has seen it today but Paul Sugrue - played for us early 80's under Big Mal I think - has been arrested with former player Mark Aizlewood - they are accused of starting a company that used "invented" claimants to do apprenticeships to con dosh out of HMG !

Oct 2016 wants its news back and at the time it was reported he was a former Boro player.

In court 7th August 2017 answering charge - forgive my inaccuracy in the original wording not arrested but answering charges

Forgiven.

Sadly the wife (Penelope) of his co accused, Mike Aizlewood committed suicide over this just after their arrests.

Literally never heard of him.

I remember him, didn't hang around long but scored a few goals I think

Actually just checked and he didn't score 1 lol

Signed from Nuneaton Borough for around 10 or 20K by Allison
Left and joined Big Mal at Middlesborough - ended up managing Nuneaton.
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/ex-boro-striker-invented-ghost-13588226

Before the pies
Comets%2082-83%20Head%20Paul%20Sugrue.jpg

Post pies (Aizlewood left, Sugrue right)
aizlewood_sugrue.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.