Hurricane Irma - coming my way!

6pm in Tampa and still ''only'' rain and ''a bit of wind'' - seen worse in Blackpool when we played them in the FA Cup January 88

You have an estimated storm surge of 4ft heading in to you in a few hours.

How does that affect you? It looks pretty windy, in Tampa, to me!

Estimated 12mph moving north and 100 miles away from you.

You have an estimated storm surge of 4ft heading in to you in a few hours.

How does that affect you? It looks pretty windy, in Tampa, to me!

Estimated 12mph moving north and 100 miles away from you.
I am around 15 miles inland from the water - as in the inner bay of Tampa and about 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico (Clearwater) so not too concerned about rising water. I also live on a long sloping hill (think of Oldham Road from Ancoats to Newton Heath and I live in Miles Platting) so the water will run downwards (I am hoping!)
Got rain and slightly mad wind at the moment, expecting it to hit around midnight - 2am...... it is now 9pm

I expect to lose power at some point over the next few hours (already done so for a few seconds ) - my phone is on charge and will be switched off to save power. Will switch on every two hours or so to check with family / friends etc as long as I have a signal.
Just in case the worst happens.... I love you all and @Lancet Fluke you can have my Morrissey Hollywood Bowl tickets (they are in the wardrobe in a shoe box with my passport and green card.)

I am around 15 miles inland from the water - as in the inner bay of Tampa and about 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico (Clearwater) so not too concerned about rising water. I also live on a long sloping hill (think of Oldham Road from Ancoats to Newton Heath and I live in Miles Platting) so the water will run downwards (I am hoping!)
Got rain and slightly mad wind at the moment, expecting it to hit around midnight - 2am...... it is now 9pm
Hows things on the east coast of Mexico mate.Should I still take my pacamac for the 22nd ?

Hows things on the east coast of Mexico mate.Should I still take my pacamac for the 22nd ?
Been heavy rains around Veracruz from Katia but apart from that nothing abnormal, friends on the beach in playa del carmen enjoying the sun. The earthquake
is the big news in Mexico at the moment and though tremors were fel on east coast there little damage there.

Been heavy rains around Veracruz from Katia but apart from that nothing abnormal, friends on the beach in playa del carmen enjoying the sun. The earthquake
is the big news in Mexico at the moment and though tremors were fel on east coast there little damage there.
Thanks for the update.We`re over at Puerto Aventuras and this will be our first time.The last three years we`ve been in Cuba.Hell we timed this one correct ... unless there`s another earthquake,hurricane,tsunami,volcanic eruption,WWIII or a plague of locusts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.