Erik Palmer-Brown

I'm surprised Sporing let his contract run out. Although I doubt he ever gets good enough to featute here.

This is one for either NAC or Girona. Through some MLS stupidity Kansas City would retain his rights and he couldn't go to NYCFC absent some sort of trade.

Signed from my local team Sporting Kansas City and from my hometown. He's got great reviews from the U.S. perspective but take that for what it's worth. He actually was loaned to Porto but only played for their B side there. Have to think City will loan him back to NYCFC to see him play regular minutes in the MLS but even if I'm literally the only one on here who thinks it, this is pretty cool.

Cheers for the insight. As you say it'll most likely be a loan, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, look at Mooy. If he has a good season then he could easily find himself in the PL.

Cheers for the insight. As you say it'll most likely be a loan, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, look at Mooy. If he has a good season then he could easily find himself in the PL.

Yeah also found out after posting that since he's leaving on a free Sporting retain his MLS rights so if he is to play in the MLS at all they'll have to receive a fee (either from NYCFC or CFG). He's been a backup most of the time but is also still 20 and one of the starting CBs is the captain and U.S. international Matt Besler.

As noted, he's been linked with a move to Europe for a few years now so it's really cool to see City sign him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him join during January due to the MLS season schedule and maybe play with the EDS for the second half of the season, to get acclimated to English football and his surroundings. Then maybe assess him from there for a potential loan to the Championship or another league in Europe for 2018/19.

Talking to the guy who sits next to me at the Atlanta Untied vs Dallas match yesterday who rates the kid extremely highly and said we've stole a march on others who were also after him including PSG allegedly
Time will tell but trawling the worlds top young talent is great to see
Some will hopefully come off for us!

Talking to the guy who sits next to me at the Atlanta Untied vs Dallas match yesterday who rates the kid extremely highly and said we've stole a march on others who were also after him including PSG allegedly
Time will tell but trawling the worlds top young talent is great to see
Some will hopefully come off for us!

Or more likely we sell him for 10 million and it helps the cashflow. FFP etc.

Signed from my local team Sporting Kansas City and from my hometown. He's got great reviews from the U.S. perspective but take that for what it's worth. He actually was loaned to Porto but only played for their B side there. Have to think City will loan him back to NYCFC to see him play regular minutes in the MLS but even if I'm literally the only one on here who thinks it, this is pretty cool.

As a fellow Blue-Yank I too think this is pretty cool. Hardly any chance he grows into a City 1st teamer but CFG should find a good spot for him to get minutes in Europe and find a solid permanent move for him in a few years.

I have high hopes for him in the US side in the future and City getting his rights would aid his development more so than trying to find minutes in MLS or another Porto B situation. Even preseason with Pep will be massive for him.

EPB is a very good get for City. Will he become an every match starter for the side? I doubt it. However, having watched him in person on 2 of his 4 first team starts and on TV for every other appearance he's made since getting called up to the senior squad, the kid is very good. He is a product of the SKC academy which is one of the better academy systems in the USA. A few weeks ago I heard that SKC was trying very hard to sign him to a long term deal but they were in big competition from clubs around the world. There was also talk about a sign and sell deal so that SKC could get some benefit from developing him to this point.

His biggest weakness is experience at higher levels. But the way scheduling happens here in the US for soccer, it is a very rare thing to see a teenager climb to the top flight in any league. When he's played in the first side for SKC, he's arguably the best defender on the pitch, NOTE that I didn't say the most gifted, but he's amazingly consistent. He has a good natural feel for the game, he has a knack at making plays before the ball gets too deep, etc. My expectations are that he will join MCFC in January, then he will practice with the senior team as well as the youth teams for a couple weeks before being loaned out until the summer. I could see him out on loan for two or three seasons where he goes away to play and then comes back to see how much he's developed.

I'm not saying he will ever be MCFC starting caliber, but I will not write him off. After the next World Cup, I expect him to be a constant call up for the US internationally as there are several players that will end their international careers after Russia and he's as good as any US defender that is waiting for their chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.