The Boxing thread

Gutted for Gonzalez, but realistically he has never looked big enough at super-fly. He should probably look at dropping back down, or if he feels that he has nothing left to achieve at the lower weights, maybe even call it a day. Would prefer to see him go out with a win though, has been a sensational fighter.

I dont know being honest he is still only 30. But the KO was a nasty KO he was out cold. Those type of KOs are hard to come back from. He didnt look that great during the last 2 fights but that doesnt mean even at Super Flyweight he might not win another World title. That be crazy to think. Also I just dont think that dropping down a weight at 30 is a hard thing to do the older you get so its either stay at Super Flyweight or move up to Bamtamweight. He has had a brilliant time in the ring and will go down as 1 of the best of the smaller guys but with some of the bangers in the division. Its more of a question does he want to be there with them or not.

I dont know being honest he is still only 30. But the KO was a nasty KO he was out cold. Those type of KOs are hard to come back from. He didnt look that great during the last 2 fights but that doesnt mean even at Super Flyweight he might not win another World title. That be crazy to think. Also I just dont think that dropping down a weight at 30 is a hard thing to do the older you get so its either stay at Super Flyweight or move up to Bamtamweight. He has had a brilliant time in the ring and will go down as 1 of the best of the smaller guys but with some of the bangers in the division. Its more of a question does he want to be there with them or not.

30 is relatively old for those weight classes, and it was indeed a heavy stoppage. He didn't look big enough in either fight vs the Thai lad (who I would love to see fight Inoue by the way), a move up would be a bad decision in my view. He could conceivably win another world title, but he would know it was a paper title in reality - would someone who has been pound for pound best (arguably) be happy picking up another belt knowing he's not best in the division? Having said that, there's less money washing about at those weights, so he may want to cash in while he can if the money is offered to him.

30 is relatively old for those weight classes, and it was indeed a heavy stoppage. He didn't look big enough in either fight vs the Thai lad (who I would love to see fight Inoue by the way), a move up would be a bad decision in my view. He could conceivably win another world title, but he would know it was a paper title in reality - would someone who has been pound for pound best (arguably) be happy picking up another belt knowing he's not best in the division? Having said that, there's less money washing about at those weights, so he may want to cash in while he can if the money is offered to him.

Theres a big pay day to be had in the UK for Gonzalez I would be thinking Eddie Hearn after that defeat will be looking at him to take on Yafai for the World Super Flyweight title he holds. IF Yafai wins its his biggest win against a all time great. On top of that its a great money earner for Gonzalez who could well beat Yafai and it sets up other big fights for him. The standard of the Super flyweights this weekend will see them in more demand out in the US too as they were non stop action. Still a few more fights in him if he wants it.

Theres a big pay day to be had in the UK for Gonzalez I would be thinking Eddie Hearn after that defeat will be looking at him to take on Yafai for the World Super Flyweight title he holds. IF Yafai wins its his biggest win against a all time great. On top of that its a great money earner for Gonzalez who could well beat Yafai and it sets up other big fights for him. The standard of the Super flyweights this weekend will see them in more demand out in the US too as they were non stop action. Still a few more fights in him if he wants it.

If Hearn can get Gonzalez over here, I'd be buying a ticket for that.

If Hearn can get Gonzalez over here, I'd be buying a ticket for that.

It would be a great fight to see. I rate Yafai highly I think he is a great talent. Just cant wait to see him in with the best in the division and I would still say Gonzalez is up there with the elite still. Always wanted to see a Super 6 in the lower weights and Super Flyweight would be the ideal weight to do it for me.

GGG V Canelo
Gennady getting older, slowing down, etc etc.. or is he bluffing and aiming to make a big big statement and flatten Canelo in spectacular fashion. The facial damage he causes to almost every fighter is scary never mind the KO's. The fear is he gets hurt to the body for me.
Canelo is fast young and strong. But Khan and Mayweather boxed him with ease (but he managed to KO Khan of course. In my mind he did dodge Gennady a few years back. The defence isn't there either so GGG will land flush.. Only been wobbled badly by Cotto's brother, but shows his brain can rattle.

I classified this fight as one where if they thought 3 times, neither would come out with all 3 wins. I suspect Canelo might slow down from the jab/eye swells and be pulled out around 9th.

Put your money on a rematch whatever the outcome.

3 Good cards this weekend really looking forward to them all.

GGG on points, Saunders points, and Smith TKO I fancy. On a side note, I heard ITV picked up Usyk vs Huck but didnt broadcast it, does anyone know where I can watch it?

Looking forwards to Saunders on Saturday. He should have GGG next.
Oh god yeah, forgot about that. So for those on Bluemoon that are unaware BJS didn't stay with Adam Booth.. He's joined the Ingle gym!??! He's totally bought into their work ethic, kid Galahad has put him up in his house, and he's ripped. Good move. Let's see if he sticks to the hard work tho.

3 Good cards this weekend really looking forward to them all.

GGG on points, Saunders points, and Smith TKO I fancy. On a side note, I heard ITV picked up Usyk vs Huck but didnt broadcast it, does anyone know where I can watch it?

Itv have picked up all the fights on the World Boxing Super Series coming up this weekend on itv4 they are showing the Callum Smith world title fight. Sky Sports yet again have missed the boat on this sadly. A lot of big British fights could end up happening and instead of it being on sky will be on ITV box office. I used to love watching boxing on itv in the old days. The Naz and Calzaghe fights all on normal itv and now this is a World title fight that is going to get lost on ITV4 when if it was on normal ITV it would pull in huge amounts. It would get more ratings than X factor yet its on this instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.