Froome

Fantastic achievement, well deserved through all his hard work. Continually shuts the haters down.

He.has been immense wonder if he will go for the Giro de Italia next year? Or would that effect on how he would do on the tour?
Contador was brilliant today, glad he won on his last race in a Grand tour.

Asked the same question yesterday. I think he will concentrate on The Tour next year - too much of an ask to try Giro/Tour double. Fantastic achievement given the strength of the opposition at this year's Vuelta. Just watching them take on some of those climbs made my legs ache!

Great by Froome and what a superb team he had to back him up. Team Sky would you believe - see Sky are good at something

Wonderful rider but no knighthood I am afraid as he is not 'British' but Kenyan. Shame really as he is a superb cyclist. He has shown how tough it is to do the double. This years Vuelta has been the best yet with some really tough opposition who never gave up trying.

Froome has had a UK passport all his life. Chris won't win Sports Personality of the Year but he is our (and Kenya's) greatest ever road cyclist, like the OP said.

Greg Rusedski won it despite being Canadian and representing Canada for five years, before applying for British cityzenship

It's a shame he won't win SPOTY, they'll gear it towards the trio of Farah, Hamilton (If he wins), and Rashford

Pro Tour Cycling is still fucked. Froome will never get knighted as more than likely he will get caught as a doping cheat is my opinion. Everyone on the tour is doping still to this day. I love the big tours dont get me wrong. I just know its all bent to fuck. Froome and Sky are the new untouchables. Sky coming in years back saying there going to be transparent and there will be no doping bullshit. Now you find out the Wiggins took a TUE its all doping they aint clean. All these guys are no where near clean. Sky are so powerful that there not getting caught and Froome is looking like a machine time and time again. Just something doesnt add up. Your body just cant take all of that pressure and pain in a short space of time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.