Talksport

Ederson2.jpg
I think that this picture clearly shows that Mane was in complete control of his movements as he went for the ball! It's obvious to even the most one-eyed scouser that he was only looking at the ball, and he had no idea that Ederson was anywhere near his attempt to flick it over him (because he wasn't there). In actual fact, Ederson has denied a clear goal scoring opportunity and should have been the recipient of the red card.

Meanwhile, on planet Earth.........

I only have 2 problems from the weekend.

1) how can anyone say Mane wasn't out of control and endangering an opponent - ffs look at the image above. It might be unintentional but it's still against the laws of the game.

2) the usual lack of consistency. In the Swansea v Newcastle game it should have been a red too - luckily Mawson saw it coming and got out of the way.

I understand people of a certain era wish to return to a "man's game" - but look at what happened to our own Colin Bell in those days. (I'm 49 btw). The game's changed for the better - and these challenges should be done away with alongside the challenge from behind etc.....

I only have 2 problems from the weekend.

1) how can anyone say Mane wasn't out of control and endangering an opponent - ffs look at the image above. It might be unintentional but it's still against the laws of the game.

2) the usual lack of consistency. In the Swansea v Newcastle game it should have been a red too - luckily Mawson saw it coming and got out of the way.

I understand people of a certain era wish to return to a "man's game" - but look at what happened to our own Colin Bell in those days. (I'm 49 btw). The game's changed for the better - and these challenges should be done away with alongside the challenge from behind etc.....

The challenge from behind is fine as far as I'm concerned.
It's any challenge that goes through the player that is dangerous

I think that this picture clearly shows that Mane was in complete control of his movements as he went for the ball! It's obvious to even the most one-eyed scouser that he was only looking at the ball, and he had no idea that Ederson was anywhere near his attempt to flick it over him (because he wasn't there). In actual fact, Ederson has denied a clear goal scoring opportunity and should have been the recipient of the red card.

Meanwhile, on planet Earth.........

Actually a Scouse ( maybe inebriated ) did say similar on talksport last night.

Emerson totally misjudged the fastest player in the premier league. Therefore got to the ball late, and as it was a goalscoring opportunity, should have seen red..even the radio pundits were a little speechless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.