City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Everything about your post was hypothetical.
If Salah scored, if Mane hadn't been sent off, if Ederson wasn't brave. None of that actually happened.

Salah got away from Otamendi twice and done fuck all with it because we have a top class keeper.

Yet you conveniently leave out the fact that Mendy and KDB gave the young Liverpool full back a torrid time which resulted in us scoring a number of goals.
In my opinion Otamendi was getting beaten time and again, and was on a yellow. It maybe a subjective opinion, however a lot of other people also thought that Salah was causing City a lot of problems in the game's opening eg https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-city-liverpool-premier-league-match-report Mane's sending off was a pivotal moment which changed the pattern of play, and that was in part triggered by Ederson's bravery. That's not a hypothesis, it's a statement of fact.

I don't like the system with 3 at the back when we're facing forwards like Mane, and Salah.

You was saying if this had happened, we'd have to do this and that. It's all if's and but's. It didn't happen. Why worry ?
Because I'm a City fan and not everything in that game was positive. There were still things to learn from that game, and things we could have done better.

Because I'm a City fan and not everything in that game was positive. There were still things to learn from that game, and things we could have done better.

No problem. That could be said of every game. But we won 5 - 0 and you have to find the slightest negative and use examples of
things that never happened, to back up your theories. Don't mention Otamendi getting a torrid time, we understand that.
It's the bit about if Salah had scored et al. I didn't happen.

There will be very few if any games in a season where we can't learn things from or that things can't of gone better. Yes Salah did cause Otamendi a few problems, although most of the time Stones was on hand to cover one of the advantages of three at the back. Keeping a potent attack like Liverpool's down to as few chances as they got even with 11 when they were playing at a pace they can't usually maintain for 90 minutes whilst creating chances ourselves show the balance wasn't bad to me even if there were a few things that could be better. We mustn't forget that that particular defensive line up had never played together before and Ederson, Mendy Walker and Danilo have all played fewer than four competitive games for Guardiola before that match, we should get more solid with practice.

You felt 3 at the back worked then? I thought Otamendi was getting exposed. They could easily have opened the scoring first. It may have ended up 5-0 but that obscures the opening period where they were well in it, and I thought the way we were set up was risky.
Understand your point, but if you want no-risk, cautious football albeit with a team that can do a job, you hire Maureen and he'll sign the best around at that type of game. If you want a more attractive type of football with more of a risk and reward ethos you hire Pep. Until now, the Liverpool front three have got better and better this season and you expect to see 'em create chances. Until the red, it had been about 50/50 overall but by the time of the red we were getting on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.