Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fuss over something that was obvious says Richard "Hairy Hands" Keys.

That’s according to broadcaster Richard Keys, who is amazed at the reaction of those who believe Mane was harshly punished for his tackle on the Manchester City goalkeeper.

Moss’s decision to give Mane his marching orders after a high boot collided with Ederson’s face was met with mixed reactions from pundits and former players in the media.

Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville disagreed on the decision with the former Liverpool player was right to be sent off.

And former Sky Sports host Keys agrees with Carragher.
What a load of fuss over something that was so obvious

Richard Keys on Sadio Mane

“What a load of fuss over something that was so obvious. Sadio Mane had to go off,” Keys wrote in his personal blog.

“And let me say straight away - that is not an 'anti-Liverpool' verdict.

“It's a simple fact and Jon Moss should be applauded for the decision he made - and the calm manner in which he made it.

Sadio Mane deserved to be shown a red card, according to Richard Keys

Richard Keys went on to say Jon Moss should be applauded for making the right decision
He added: “A couple of things on the Mane sending off which my beINSPORTS colleague Andy Gray mentioned on Saturday. Mane definitely knows Ederson is coming for that ball - that's why his foot is so high, and why he's trying to nick it over him.

“And here's a thought, what if the situation had been the other way round and Ederson had flattened Mane? Exactly. There would've been calls for the keeper to have been arrested for assault!

“One last word on the incident - if Liverpool were convinced they'd been hard done by they would've appealed. They haven't because they would lose.”

Well said that man.Fair plays to Keys,some valid points.

they hate us cos we cost them money. on Saturday as the score reached 3 nil hundreds of scouse vermin walked out. well times that by a few million and that's how many turned their telly off around the world. then factor in plastic rags doing the same(one admitted it to me today)and there is a serious loss of revenue there. they know this game is gone, they know the red will stick, there is nothing they can do....except kick up a big enough fuss that should anything like this come around again the outcome will be different, unless its aguero on a goalie of course. they are now simply laying foundations for future refs and future games.
True story

It was a red card correctly given to Mane with a three match ban, any appeal whatsoever must be rejected.

The current piss poor and biased pundits in the media have a lot to answer for imo.
If Lineker hadn't sent out his rubbish red card tweet and Neville wasn't commentating and an alternative view was heard, then I'm sure a nationwide debate wouldn't now be continuing, they set the tone.
From these so called expert pundits you hear crap repeated on a weekly basis such as "there was contact so he's entitled to go down". Ffs that's encouraging and condoning diving.

It was a red card correctly given to Mane with a three match ban, any appeal whatsoever must be rejected.

The current piss poor and biased pundits in the media have a lot to answer for imo.
If Lineker hadn't sent out his rubbish red card tweet and Neville wasn't commentating and an alternative view was heard, then I'm sure a nationwide debate wouldn't now be continuing, they set the tone.
From these so called expert pundits you hear crap repeated on a weekly basis such as "there was contact so he's entitled to go down". Ffs that's encouraging and condoning diving.

They're toxic. These ex-pro pundits and the media are the main reason we lag so far behind at football. They perpetuate stupid attitudes. Quite a lot of footballers would happily deliberately injure opponents if there was no punishment. Some do anyway. That mindset is what's being aired at the moment.

BBC this morning...

Showed a photo of Ederson from one of the papers and then went on to say it was unbelievable that he was booed when leaving the field on a stretcher............

.......... because he didn't wave to the crowd on the way off!

I shit you not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.