New Kompany Calf Injury?

We won't see him play consistent football for a a good few months now in my opinion.

Kompany has been a fantastic buy and a great leader for us but really we should have found his bloody replacement about two years ago but we haven't. I read people saying Stones was great against Liverpool.....was this the second half against ten men with no real forward to worry about? We need a strong organising leader, or two in defence and we should be sourcing them now. Vincent is always going to break down for varying lengths of time every season. Belgium like ourselves have to stop picking him for meaningless games. They know what he fetches to the team so keep him bloody fit for important games!

Kompany has been a fantastic buy and a great leader for us but really we should have found his bloody replacement about two years ago but we haven't. I read people saying Stones was great against Liverpool.....was this the second half against ten men with no real forward to worry about? We need a strong organising leader, or two in defence and we should be sourcing them now. Vincent is always going to break down for varying lengths of time every season. Belgium like ourselves have to stop picking him for meaningless games. They know what he fetches to the team so keep him bloody fit for important games!

Stones and otamendi can only be relied on next to a commanding defender like vinnie. We should have replaced him years ago.

Injuries are part of professional football.
Vincents recent injury woes are well documented as are his methods for now dealing with potential problems, its supposedly a knock not a pull, unavoidable really.
The rancour and pulling of hair on here is frankly ridiculous.
It's very avoidable. 31 year old with a terrible injury record decides to play a meaningless international? Why?

Kompany should have realised from when he was dropped as Belgium captain, that his country could survive without him, so perhaps it was best he protect the playing career he had left better, by limiting his football to PL & CL only.

It's obvious Kompany's priorities lie with his country, but as always it's left up to his club to mend him. AGAIN!

I disagree with some of the negative comments on here, especially those questioning Vinny's priorities. He has every right to want to captain his country. Something that only a small number of players get to do. He's heading into a World Cup where his team have a realistic chance of winning. Why on Earth would he not want to be a part of that? Why would he piss Martinez off and say he doesn't want to play in a smaller game - what if Martinez decides to drop him as a result?

You're talking about one of the most passionate, committed, ultimate professionals in the game right now. He's been our greatest club captain. Let's let him lead his country as best as he can, especially given it'll most likely be his last hurrah. We can't control Belgium's squad choice. What Pep can do is let him rest in games where we 'should' be comfortable (Brighton away, Bournemouth away). Managing his minutes on our end isn't ideal, but if it keeps him fit for the big games then surely it's worth it.

With Mangala and Tosin in the squad, and Pep's flexibility with formation we're more than covered at the back. Perhaps we could have swapped Mangala for a player who's more comfortable on the ball, but I think he'll offer us another option in rougher games such as your WBA/Huddersfields/West Ham/United etc.
Hang on a minute, is this post a wind up? Are you seriously suggesting Manchester City Football Club rests its Captain from our bread & butter Premier League matches to protect Kompany's international prospects?

Who employs him & pays his wages?

Come on, I bet you're really Kompany in disguise!

I disagree with some of the negative comments on here, especially those questioning Vinny's priorities. He has every right to want to captain his country. Something that only a small number of players get to do. He's heading into a World Cup where his team have a realistic chance of winning. Why on Earth would he not want to be a part of that? Why would he piss Martinez off and say he doesn't want to play in a smaller game - what if Martinez decides to drop him as a result?

You're talking about one of the most passionate, committed, ultimate professionals in the game right now. He's been our greatest club captain. Let's let him lead his country as best as he can, especially given it'll most likely be his last hurrah. We can't control Belgium's squad choice. What Pep can do is let him rest in games where we 'should' be comfortable (Brighton away, Bournemouth away). Managing his minutes on our end isn't ideal, but if it keeps him fit for the big games then surely it's worth it.

With Mangala and Tosin in the squad, and Pep's flexibility with formation we're more than covered at the back. Perhaps we could have swapped Mangala for a player who's more comfortable on the ball, but I think he'll offer us another option in rougher games such as your WBA/Huddersfields/West Ham/United etc.

I get wanting to play for your country. However, any time that a player leaves healthy (or just about to come back to health) and is injured during an international break, there will be a lot of complaining and there should be. What two seasons ago Kompany had been out for weeks, wasn't even cleared to start training by City, but goes and Martinez plugs him into the lineup and he promptly aggravated his injury and he was out for weeks again. There needs to be at least a little bit of common sense by the international managers. Kompany is among the most known commodities in the entire world, he doesn't need another cap, and Belgium doesn't have any need to see him perform at this point. It wouldn't have impacted this injury, but the club should have some say on guys that have been out injured. They are on the hook for his salary. Maybe something along the lines of if a player hasn't played due to injury missing at least 3 club matches, they can petition for a hold-out of the player from the country roster. If the country's manager plays him as is his right, the country's association has to pay at least a portion of the player's salary until the player resumes full training/playing. Martinez doesn't really care if he gets Kompany injured as long as he's back in time for the next international duty.

I wonder what Pep will tell him before the next round of internationals? Of course he may not even be healthy then.

Hang on a minute, is this post a wind up? Are you seriously suggesting Manchester City Football Club rests its Captain from our bread & butter Premier League matches to protect Kompany's international prospects?

Who employs him & pays his wages?

Come on, I bet you're really Kompany in disguise!

Not to protect his international prospects, but to protect ours. He only has a set amount of games in him, it's common sense to rest him for lesser games. Look at Barca with Iniesta for an example of how it works.

It doesn't matter whether City employ him or not. If he wants to captain his country, leading up to a world cup (presumably his last), then he has every right to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.