New Kompany Calf Injury?

Hang on a minute, is this post a wind up? Are you seriously suggesting Manchester City Football Club rests its Captain from our bread & butter Premier League matches to protect Kompany's international prospects?

Who employs him & pays his wages?

Come on, I bet you're really Kompany in disguise!
He's pretty much resting up between internationals already.

Not to protect his international prospects, but to protect ours. He only has a set amount of games in him, it's common sense to rest him for lesser games. Look at Barca with Iniesta for an example of how it works.

It doesn't matter whether City employ him or not. If he wants to captain his country, leading up to a world cup (presumably his last), then he has every right to.
This is the whole point of the club v country debate. Our Captain is injury prone and he will play way more domestic matches than internationals, so if his body is struggling to cope, common sense should tell Kompany that his international career needs to be sacrificed to prolong his top flight playing career.

As for City, having the best CB in the Prem & possibly Europe constantly injured is of no use to us whatsoever, and the time has to come whereby if Kompany can't see this, we have to act in the best interest of our club.

Kompany's contract runs until summer 2019, so I can see a situation whereby he is replaced and either used as a back up, or leaves for Anderlecht for a nominal fee to see out the rest of his career. I'm a City fan, not a Kompany fan, and as such my one & only concern is Manchester City Football Club, NOT our players international prospects.

Not to protect his international prospects, but to protect ours. He only has a set amount of games in him, it's common sense to rest him for lesser games. Look at Barca with Iniesta for an example of how it works.

It doesn't matter whether City employ him or not. If he wants to captain his country, leading up to a world cup (presumably his last), then he has every right to.
Absolutely he does and the club have every right to replace him.

Its being reported that Kompany's calf injury is not as bad as first feared and that he will be in contention for Saturdays match against Watford.
Good news if true but I wont hold my breath.

This is the whole point of the club v country debate. Our Captain is injury prone and he will play way more domestic matches than internationals, so if his body is struggling to cope, common sense should tell Kompany that his international career needs to be sacrificed to prolong his top flight playing career.

As for City, having the best CB in the Prem & possibly Europe constantly injured is of no use to us whatsoever, and the time has to come whereby if Kompany can't see this, we have to act in the best interest of our club.

Kompany's contract runs until summer 2019, so I can see a situation whereby he is replaced and either used as a back up, or leaves for Anderlecht for a nominal fee to see out the rest of his career. I'm a City fan, not a Kompany fan, and as such my one & only concern is Manchester City Football Club, NOT our players international prospects.
Agree totally but I think he's been overtaken in the last couple of seasons as worlds best now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.