Is it time for City to move on from Kompany & Toure?

Kompany has to retire from international football ASAP

Honestly it's a wonder this hasn't happened a long time ago. At least this time round he should have been aware that City were relying heavily on him not getting injured early in the season, and playing for Belgium was always going to be a huge gamble that could potentially jeopardise this.

Regardless, I think it's obvious to all that long term replacements for Yaya and Kompany will be top of the shopping list next year. That's not to say they'll leave, but it's obvious we cannot rely on either going into the future.

Vinny's form at the end of last season made it a difficult choice as in theory I'm sure we'd have loved to get a top target in.

Good news that we didn't end up getting JFE, so every cloud does have a lining, but I really hope now that we go balls deep for VVD or Alderweireld.

Vinny's form at the end of last season made it a difficult choice as in theory I'm sure we'd have loved to get a top target in.

Good news that we didn't end up getting JFE, so every cloud does have a lining, but I really hope now that we go balls deep for VVD or Alderweireld.
This.

Kompany has to retire from international football ASAP
No he doesnt and he shouldnt be expected to. Its the World Cup next year, a peak of an international footballers career. They could even win it. Imagine (without being Alan Fucking Ball) looking back in decades time as a World Cup winner. City can decide they dont want him to be a City player anymore if he plays for his country, but I think you will find all the other internationals in our squad (so virtually all of them) will be very edgy about that and in the future other players will be very reluctant to come here if they think the club discourage them playing for their countries.

Fixed :-)
Don't think we'll get VVD but Alderwildman is a good shout. We should actively pursue CBS and we probably need a DM. Vinny won't last much longer and, I suspect Yaya is over. These two have been great for us, but time waits for no man. Applaud them and say goodbye.

I think this will be the last year where pep bears with kompany's injury issues. If it doesnt improve he will be 3rd choice cb in a backline of 4 and 4th in a backline of 3.

I am probably in the minority but no I dont think it is time for them to move on. They are an important part of the squad, especially for the younger players who seem to like taking the piss out of Uncle Yaya. And Kompany will probably be threatening a slap to those that dont pull their weight on the pitch... I dont think we needs to remove anyone who contributes to the good atmosphere in the dressing room.

Moving into back room, becoming defensive coach or working with the youths yes.

Anyway, I still think Kompany has at least a couple of seasons in him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.