Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit OTT to say Ederson has been vilified by all and sundry. I don't think anyone has criticised Ederson and i was pretty pleased that Dan Taylor in the Guardian highlighted how out of order the section of liverpool fans were who booed him . A few pundits have (wrongly) tried to say Mane shouldn't have been sent off but all of the football writers i'd normally take the slightest bit of notice of have come down in the referee's favour in that one.
Ederson wasn't seriously injured but I actually think he didn't do himself any favour's by keeping his hand's low and leading with the most vunerable part of his body.
Next time he'll be better off using his shoulder to protect himself, or leading with his chest, just making himself big.

Ederson wasn't seriously injured but I actually think he didn't do himself any favour's by keeping his hand's low and leading with the most vunerable part of his body.
Next time he'll be better off using his shoulder to protect himself, or leading with his chest, just making himself big.
WTF, he was heading the ball, if it bounced of a random part of his body it may well have gone to an opponent.

Mendy will def do something on social media that will go viral for the wrong reasons, forcing Pep to ban phones

Turn off computer and go see doctor ffs

Strange definition of not seriously injured (8 Stitches). People get sent down for less. My big issue was Klopp infering no contact after the match and thereby infering Edison was faking it...

Better still he should have run in the other direction and hid behind the netting - thus ensuring he remained uninjured by the offending boot to the face

Can't tell whether this is a joke or not. He did absolutely nothing wrong. It was a great piece of goalkeeping. He won the ball, saved what was likely a certain goal and he didn't commit a foul of his own in the process. It isn't Ederson's job to change how he goes about his business in order to accommodate somebody else's dangerous play.

So after 4 competitive games so far we've had 3 controversial/ contentious decisions.
- Walker with a second yellow card and subsequent red card for 'standing up strongly'
-Sterling with a second yellow card and subsequent red card for 'celebrating a goal'
- Ederson vilified by all and sundry for having the audacity to get ' a face full of studs'

What next?
- Mendy sent off for 'smiling too much'
- Silva booked for 'being too good'
- Gabriel being reported for blasphemy in his name.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist , but I've got to say I'm starting to wonder.

Lol couldnt agree more mate, I love the Jesus Blasphemy angle haha
My hope is a couple of quiet weeks from the officials and let our football do the talking. On the other hand maybe we will have a substitute warming up get sent off for agressivly streching near the linesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.