Amsterdam Airport at a Standstill

I'd check that with Lewis' website. You paid for a flight that they cancelled. Surely they just can't keep your money.
Don't believe a fucking word the carrier says, they're always trying to fob people off. Look into it, don't just take their word.
Have had the flights refunded but no compensation available. Of course the refund of the flights is only the money that went to EasyJet, doesn't include the taxes etc that you pay so it's only about 25% of what we paid...

There is this company, you might have heard of them. Etihad I believe they are called.. come to think about it.. yup they are our shirt sponsor hand have, after googling it, you wont believe this but its true but.. they are an airline. I know right! Wonder why City and Etihad have never put the two together and tried some sort of fan flights for away games scheme. Now I know that Etihad are a "premium" airline but would it really kill their bottom line if they put on say 3 planes or even 1 plane on a back and fourth route for City fans for a European away game? They could make it a package for the toffs and make the bank from the first class seats and whatever else is thrown in. Then just fill the planes up with regular fans. Is this really such a batty idea?

Been texting a mate who's in Amsterdam. He'd been chatting to some blues who had been sat in the plane, on the tarmac, at Luton for 3.5 hours !!!

My husband and son went to Luton too and now driving all the way home. 14 year old devastated. Was first European game. Problem was that flight into Luton delayed due to weather and crew had exceeded their flying time. What a joke! Going to put in compensation claim for accommodation, tickets, diesel etc. No amount of money will compensate my lad though.
Step son went from Manchester earlier but flight t hours delayed but at least he got there,

There is this company, you might have heard of them. Etihad I believe they are called.. come to think about it.. yup they are our shirt sponsor hand have, after googling it, you wont believe this but its true but.. they are an airline. I know right! Wonder why City and Etihad have never put the two together and tried some sort of fan flights for away games scheme. Now I know that Etihad are a "premium" airline but would it really kill their bottom line if they put on say 3 planes or even 1 plane on a back and fourth route for City fans for a European away game? They could make it a package for the toffs and make the bank from the first class seats and whatever else is thrown in. Then just fill the planes up with regular fans. Is this really such a batty idea?

Whilst understanding where you're coming from with the above - no airline in the World has empty planes just sitting around.
They're run to "capacity" - so all planes are either running a route or in for maintenance. Hence the debacles when things like Hurricane Irma come round - the only reason empty planes go in these circumstances is the people due to go aren't on them.

Love the idea - but never gonna happen

My husband and son went to Luton too and now driving all the way home. 14 year old devastated. Was first European game. Problem was that flight into Luton delayed due to weather and crew had exceeded their flying time. What a joke! Going to put in compensation claim for accommodation, tickets, diesel etc. No amount of money will compensate my lad though.
Step son went from Manchester earlier but flight t hours delayed but at least he got there,

Awww poor lad. I bet he is devastated too. Small consolation but he will get plenty of opportunities to see the blues around Europe for years to come. Good luck with the claim, I hope you get every penny back you've spent

They do... with Thomas cook, a previous sponsor but still handle travel for fans offering packages on chartered flights and they did today with a flight to Holland. Etihad only have luxury liners for long haul destinations.

They do... with Thomas cook, a previous sponsor but still handle travel for fans offering packages on chartered flights and they did today with a flight to Holland. Etihad only have luxury liners for long haul destinations.

Oh ok, i hear you but given the length of our partnership with Etihad and our european ambitions, I cant see how it wouldnt have been feasible at some point for Etihad to have purchased a couple of 737s for European use which would be scheduled from Manchester which would also serve as City away planes for our Champions league matches. There is clearly a trick being missed if City fans are having to make journeys to places like Luton to get flights..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.