Amsterdam Airport at a Standstill

Can't speak for anyone else but I'd still use another airline, I enjoy doing my own trips. Fly at my chosen day and time and return whenever I decide.

You call it a ball ache, I say it makes a better trip. Landing in another country, can't speak the language. No one has a clue where to go, all adds to the adventure for me and my mates.

That's why we've never used Spike but understand why some fans do.

Fair play to you pal. Each to their own.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'd still use another airline, I enjoy doing my own trips. Fly at my chosen day and time and return whenever I decide.

You call it a ball ache, I say it makes a better trip. Landing in another country, can't speak the language. No one has a clue where to go, all adds to the adventure for me and my mates.

Same for me really, I've done a few day trips in the past but they can be a bit knackering, especially if you're working next day. I prefer to try and make a mini-break out of it when I can afford it.

Couldn't agree more. Part of the trip.

What's the point flying somewhere going straight to an Irish bar, see City play and go straight home?

For the same price (or less) you get an actual holiday.

I've flown twice on an organised trip. Once to Schalke which was my first but they made us miss the kick off and then Real Madrid semi final because I had no holidays. That's the only reason I'd do them again (and it's unlikely I'll leave myself short again), but you pay the price for convenience.

Couldn't agree more. Part of the trip.

What's the point flying somewhere going straight to an Irish bar, see City play and go straight home?

For the same price (or less) you get an actual holiday.

I've flown twice on an organised trip. Once to Schalke which was my first but they made us miss the kick off and then Real Madrid semi final because I had no holidays. That's the only reason I'd do them again (and it's unlikely I'll leave myself short again), but you pay the price for convenience.

Done both, both have their advantages. However the spike day trip to Barcelona nearly killed me drinking all day then flying back to manc arrive 3 in morning no cabs , work next day. Took me a week to recover!!!!

Could go tonight due to work! Arrrgh!

But I always make a city break of my CL away trips.

I just can't do the fly in, watch the match, and fly out trip.

Nothing enjoyable in that.

I was one of the ones at Luton on the 12.45. Got all the way through security before getting a text to say the flight was cancelled. Couldn't find another way of getting to Rotterdam so turned round (ended up spending 27 quid to park in long term for two hours) and headed back to Manchester where I watched it in the Beehive in Prestwich.

I was one of the ones at Luton on the 12.45. Got all the way through security before getting a text to say the flight was cancelled. Couldn't find another way of getting to Rotterdam so turned round (ended up spending 27 quid to park in long term for two hours) and headed back to Manchester where I watched it in the Beehive in Prestwich.
We were the same in departures and got the text. I've applied for the refund but don't expect to get any compo for match tickets,parking and diesel. How about you?

Are you sure you were at Luton Airport mate?...cos the err Beehive is in Whitefield.....

We were the same in departures and got the text. I've applied for the refund but don't expect to get any compo for match tickets,parking and diesel. How about you?

Pretty much in the same boat. I'm going to write to the club about the match ticket, I don't expect anything but you have to cover all bases.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.