Oldham Athletic Takeover

mrn1981

Hearing rumours that Oldham Athletic are due to be taken over by Dubai based agent Abdallah Lemsagam. Apparently a very good friend of Sheikh Mansour.

City representatives have also visited the club to check out the setup and training facilities and it's been talked about that they will become part of the group?

I think due to FA rules Sheikh Mansour can't have a direct link although doesn't stop a close friend?

A presume this is to give the kids more experience of club football rather than EDS?

Also hearing that they will invest in the stadium and training facilities?

Will be interesting if true because Oldham fans have slagged is off since the takeover due to our investment.

Sounds like a great idea. As above. Awaits the howls of anguish and even more bile from the usual places. Must be great to have money and say stuff you.

Be very surprised if this happened. If the motivation was to get more game time for EDS players they would have to be registered by Oldham simply loaning a team or even half a team would not be allowed. Transferring them to another club with silly buy back clauses would soon be seen as a way to navigate around loan regulations and stamped on.

I'm not happy as a blue living in Chadderton I'd rather they crashed and burned.
Quite like oldham, used to go to a few games when I was little. Their home attendances are wank but you cant fault their away following which is among the best in the lower leagues.

Oldham becoming man city b team just makes a mockey of the lower leagues.

Last edited:
I have posted about this before and it turned out to be Mike Ashley and Sports Direct rather than City last time. This is coming from the same source at the club but doesn't mean it's true. As I say it's just a rumour.

However they have just signed a few players from France I think so something is definitely going on in the background as they had no money not so long back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.