Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Tousart at Lyon maybe.
Kimmich is an obvious one.
Another older option, Illaramendi perhaps? Returning to his pre-Madrid form.
Interesting to see how Renato Sanches does this season too.
Fabinho still available.

Talking about Jorginho from napoli? I don't know a lot about him but I've heard his name mentioned frequently. He's 25. I was kind of looking for up and coming stars for this upcoming season, U23 types.

I hear what your saying but he is only 2 years out of your criteria. Well done for workouts by out who I was talking about, I couldn't remember his right name but have heard good things. Really looking forward to seeing us play v Napoli.

Probably my first thought is Wiegl. I think a Pep type player if ever there was one. Be costly, very costly but worth it. On that note wonder how his recovery from injury is going.

Young potential DM targets.
Diawara (Napoli)
Weigl (Dortmund)
M. LLorente (Real)

Any other names to keep an eye on?

Llorente and Goretzka are both on expiring contracts. Would be fantastic business if Pep fancies either of them, though I think the latter will go to Bayern.

Weigl seems a genuine possibility. It will be interesting to see who our targets are for this position. With the World Cup, Pep will surely want the player brought in before then, so expect we'll be putting a lot of work into negotiations in the second half of the season to get deals in quick, a la Gundogan, Bernardo, Ederson, etc.

Llorente and Goretzka are both on expiring contracts. Would be fantastic business if Pep fancies either of them, though I think the latter will go to Bayern.

Weigl seems a genuine possibility. It will be interesting to see who our targets are for this position. With the World Cup, Pep will surely want the player brought in before then, so expect we'll be putting a lot of work into negotiations in the second half of the season to get deals in quick, a la Gundogan, Bernardo, Ederson, etc.

Wasn't aware that Llorente was out of contract and good point about the WC and getting them in early. Weigl is an interesting one coming off of the injury and at what price they value him at. I was taking a look at some other possibilities and that Danillo Perreira (sp) guy is a phsyical specimen (25 yrs). Other than that I guess we'll have to see who breaks out this season.

Wasn't aware that Llorente was out of contract and good point about the WC and getting them in early. Weigl is an interesting one coming off of the injury and at what price they value him at. I was taking a look at some other possibilities and that Danillo Perreira (sp) guy is a phsyical specimen (25 yrs). Other than that I guess we'll have to see who breaks out this season.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll start to see some links to players as the season progresses and then we'll probably get a better idea of who the realistic targets are.

Alaba might be worth looking into. He'd basically be a better left sided Danilo we could play in midfield, LB and CB.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.