Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep will use him in the domestic cups
Hopefully that will be enough to keep him here for the time
Great player in the making

It's all very saying he'll play in the cups, but what happens if we get knocked out by West Brom next week and then draw Chelsea or Utd away in the FA Cup 3rd round? He gets two games at most and then his season is over for another year?

Diaz needs regular playing time with the first team. he won't get that much opportunity with Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and Sane fighting for 2 spot. he'll be good in 2 striker formation.

I think we should be ok on this. Brahim has been here for a bit now and he'll feature in the league and FA cups with Foden this year. It seems to me that the current plan is have a couple of young players with Pep for the season and then loan them the year after. Garcia and Maffeo did it last year until Maffeo was sent to Girona. Garcia got a fair few cup games whilst actually starting against Middlesbrough. Diaz and Foden seem to have decent heads on their shoulders and will understand the role they'll play this year. Getting a handful of games at 17 years old under Guardiola, followed by a year on loan in Girona if they aren't quite ready, is about as good as any player could ask for.

Not sure it is Girona that they should go to especially Diaz if we are serious about holding on to them. If Madrid want Diaz they will get him and probably sooner rather than later. The best we can hope for is a big pay day and maybe an option to buy one of their surplus stars Sad really but that is the way things are out in the big bad world and hey we ain't doing too bad on it.

Hope Pep will play him soon otherwise it will be yet another talent that will go elsewhere eventually!

It's all very saying he'll play in the cups, but what happens if we get knocked out by West Brom next week and then draw Chelsea or Utd away in the FA Cup 3rd round? He gets two games at most and then his season is over for another year?
He will come on as sub from time to time but I can only see him as a starter in domestic cups.
If he smashes it in those games he may well get more games in PL /CL. Hopefully that will keep him happy enough

Thought it was a bit of a defeatist statement by Pep to be honest. The kid's got 2 years still to run on his current deal. I would much rather have heard the words "He's not for sale at any price" come out of his mouth. And I hope to Christ we're in the process of offering the lad a big fat extension. We're sitting on a superstar, and to let him go the way of Sancho would be criminal. Clock's ticking though....

^^ there just isn't a path into the first team for young players. it doesnt seem to matter how talented they are. we have so many attacking options and will always spend our way out of trouble. the answer every year seems to be ' just play them in the cups' or loan them out for a few years..... , it doesnt provide them with enough game time or the will to want to play for us. garcia, maffeo, roberts - i dont think any of them will end up playing for us. we need to start trusting our young players and actually giving them game time. the cups would be a good start, but then we need to have say foden on the bench and actually bring him on and trust him.

tosins another example, hasn't played all season, training with the first team though. I think we will be lucky to see any young players make it any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.