Watford (a) post-match

Commanding performance. Constant pressure, unbelievably accurate passing, incisive forward movement, clinical finishing. As a Feyenoord player said midweek...at times it is like we are playing with 13 players.

Aguero was unbelievable today, and that is before I even mention his goals. Have never seen a center forward work harder and to see it rewarded so well is even more gratifying.

My only downside was Sterling. Apart from the dribble that got him the penalty, I thought he was clearly the weakest City player in the field, but still better than the best Watford player on the field, to be fair to him. He is young, and as long as Pep doesn't lose faith in him, he will grow into this method of playing. In addition, I think it smacks of desperation to beg for the ball for the penalty. Pep finally agreed, but walked back to the bench shaking his head...rightly, IMHO. If it wasn't going to be Sergio getting an opportunity for a 4th, it should have been Gundogan getting the chance to score after a long, long layoff. If Sterling wanted a goal, he should have scored the one Sergio laid on a platter for him, but his first touch let him down for a change!!

Last comment is a reiteration of one of the previous comments...if you look at the team that ended the game, it is mental to think they have another 5-10 years to play together, if they can keep up with the quality that is coming through the Academy and the inevitable 1-2 WC players we add to the squad every year.

The future is BLUE! And what a future it looks like...oh my!

Sterling weakest player on the pitch, you gotta be kidding. 7 dribbles, 4 key passes, 4 shots, 92% pass accuracy...

I think you're a bit harsh on Sterling. He won the pen and Sergio already had his hat trick. He had every right to want it.
Nah. Sunday league stuff. Team knows who takes the pens, and it should Sergio's to give away, not Raz's to beg for.

Last edited:
And now there is a deluded Spud on 5 Live claiming Harry Kane will eventually turn out to be even better than our Sergio.

If he does hopefully we'll go in for him when Sergio and ourselves part company. If he does better kun then Kane would have to be some player and you can bet your bottom dollar he won't be playing for spurs then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.