Emigrating Abroad

Having lived in Manchester, London, Northampton, Chichester, Bursledon, Elmer, Menton, Cherbourg, Paris, Stockholm, Toronto, Oakville, Karlstad, Luton, Portsmouth and Seattle amongst others I can tell you this...

Go for it. You can always come back.

What are people comparing to when they say the country is "deteriorating" because I remember the seventies and eighties, and they weren't all that.

For a start, manners, and respect for elders. Remember when I started secondary school in late 90's that we would have to stand up if any teacher entered the room- doubt that exists any more.

Teen pregnancies, people who won't work living on benefits. Price of living. Undesirable immigrants. NHS going downhill. Safety outdoors at night is worsening.

Add to that the relatively shite climate. What more do you want?

Until the Government deal with the influx of the Roma and the other Eastern European criminals, tighten up security and prevent foreign national criminals gaining entry and robustly deal with the benefit culture and no longer make life easy for the lazy fuckers who sit on their fat arse with their hands out things won't improve.

I do agree with a lot that you say. I work on a lot of houses during the week on bad council estates, and let me tell you, the underclass on benefits have it easier than us, who work all week to make ends meet.

The only difference being, they are just treading water and there is no growth in what they are doing. But they have all the time in the world. I am a proud Brit and love this country, but once I'm a bit more experienced in my trade, I'm going to try and leave ASAP if I can get a job with the right money abroad.

Go to Canada, no cold dark winters there, I hear the Yukon is nice.

However for open space try Greenland.

Having lived in Manchester, London, Northampton, Chichester, Bursledon, Elmer, Menton, Cherbourg, Paris, Stockholm, Toronto, Oakville, Karlstad, Luton, Portsmouth and Seattle amongst others I can tell you this...

Go for it. You can always come back.
Are you some kind of wandering minstrel?

Not really the ONLY reason's
Eg, here in Queensland you can afford a large detached home with swimming pool, without being rich.

I know a guy who just bought 15 acres for the price of a semi in Hyde

If you don't mind a 2 hour drive to Brisbane you can buy 100 acres near Toowoomba for the same price

Lots of options besides wages and sunshine.
So, you're saying material goods are the route to happiness ;)

Bigger house = more cleaning, lol.

When I left I wasn't sure where I'd end up, thought Southern Cal would probably be the place, but didn't like it when I got there. Travelled all over, liked New York, Florida, Idaho wasn't on my radar but once I got here, fell in love with the place, some of the most beautiful scenery in the States. Worked at a ski resort for three years then picked up a hammer as the pay was a lot better. Been building for the last 25 years and still love it.....and it gets a lot colder than England

i will never leave this lovely island. As soon as the kids are older plan is to spend 3 months of winter (jan to march) in the Canary Islands - love the seasons of the uk.

You love the seasons apart from the winter, then. #logicisyourenemy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.