Toby Alderweireld

Im sure the player agent will use our name/supposed interest to get the best deal for his client!

Doesn't his buy out clause kick in next season. And from what I remember it's not that much. This is Spurs last chance this season or all their big names will want out I should imagine as they can probably double their salaries at any of the other top 6 clubs and stand a chance of winning something.

Im sure the player agent will use our name/supposed interest to get the best deal for his client!

It's being played out in public. A sure sign he's looking to stay and dropping other teams names into the equation just for leverage.

I am sure if Pep wants him, he will go. Like Walker. Sanchez was bought to replace him. The only word of caution is that RAWK consider him a realistic target...

It's being played out in public. A sure sign he's looking to stay and dropping other teams names into the equation just for leverage.

Aren't Spurs a slightly unique situation though in that regardless of whether or not this is played out in public, there is an extremely tight wage structure which can't be compromised? If a Tottenham player wants a substantial pay rise they may as well just cut to the chase and express their desire to leave. The second one player gets something akin to the actual market rate they're going to have to do it for everyone and I can't imagine they'll think it's worth rocking the boat with Kane, Alli, Erikssen etc If/when Spurs finally decide to open that can of worms I doubt it'll be for a 29 year old Alderweireld, it's going to be for one of those three.

Strange that there's a lot of people in the Sanchez thread talking about how he's not worth buying because of his age, but none in here when they're the same age.

Strange that there's a lot of people in the Sanchez thread talking about how he's not worth buying because of his age, but none in here when they're the same age.
A defender enjoys his best years between 27/28 and 32 years of age, typically. By that time an attacking player may very well be starting to decline. One reason why I don't much want Lewandowski and haven't been that excited as some about Sanchez

We already have one world class forward in that age bracket. We should try and get younger, imo. But, I'd be ok buying Toby A. We should be able to get a few more very good years from him.

A defender has a longer peak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.