MCFC U16's

Cheers - am out here watching

Joe hodge got MOTM v Russia

City lads controlled game when they came in v Slovenia - add a level of calmness

They were rested in the main v USA in a bit of a dead rubber - ( in hurricane conditions. )

Won 3-2 . Topped group so in semi

Sorry it's a bit late but for those that might be interested, here is the full game versus Russia:

Lewis fiorini called up to Scotland's U17 squad, great news and seems a while back since watching him kicking a ball about in the green man car park after the chelsea semi win....

Lewis fiorini called up to Scotland's U17 squad, great news and seems a while back since watching him kicking a ball about in the green man car park after the chelsea semi win....

I swear he's already played for England too?

I swear he's already played for England too?

Yeah, he has several times, think he's been involved since U15's. He can keep play for either until U17 qualifying starts for the Euro's (which ties you down), which I think is next month but this Scotland Squad isn't for the Qualifiers I don't think, pretty sure it's a friendly tournament, so will be interesting to see who he goes with when the Euro Qualifiers start, I'm hoping England.

You can play for any nation you qualify for up to U21 level, once you have played for a full national side thats it...

You can play for any nation you qualify for up to U21 level, once you have played for a full national side thats it...
It's a bit more complicated than that; sometimes you can play for multiple national teams, sometimes you can't change if you played once competitively for the u17. It's generally a case by case thing.

It's a bit more complicated than that; sometimes you can play for multiple national teams, sometimes you can't change if you played once competitively for the u17. It's generally a case by case thing.

I thought it depended on whether you were eligible for more than team when you up to u21. Fiorini is obviously eligible for England and Scotland so he can move but if he was only eligible for Scotland now but became eligible for England through residency in a couple of years then any appearance for Scotland (before he was eligible for England) ties him for life. I think it's designed to stop rich countries buying up talent. Fernando fell foul of it a few years ago as he thought he could switch to Portugal despite playing for Brazilian U20s but as he wasn't eligible for Portugal when he played for the Brazilian u20s he couldn't switch.

I thought it depended on whether you were eligible for more than team when you up to u21. Fiorini is obviously eligible for England and Scotland so he can move but if he was only eligible for Scotland now but became eligible for England through residency in a couple of years then any appearance for Scotland (before he was eligible for England) ties him for life. I think it's designed to stop rich countries buying up talent. Fernando fell foul of it a few years ago as he thought he could switch to Portugal despite playing for Brazilian U20s but as he wasn't eligible for Portugal when he played for the Brazilian u20s he couldn't switch.
That makes sense, but the Diego Costa switch from Brazil to Spain would be an immediate counter example. He wasn't eligible for Spain when he made his Brazil debut. It was an extreme case at the time, but it does suggest the rules are somewhat less than concrete.

I think you're right in general about the idea that the rules are there to stop rich clubs vacuuming up talent.

There's a FIFA Player's Status Committee who make these decisions, but a big problem is with how inconsistent they are.

That makes sense, but the Diego Costa switch from Brazil to Spain would be an immediate counter example. He wasn't eligible for Spain when he made his Brazil debut. It was an extreme case at the time, but it does suggest the rules are somewhat less than concrete.

I think you're right in general about the idea that the rules are there to stop rich clubs vacuuming up talent.

There's a FIFA Player's Status Committee who make these decisions, but a big problem is with how inconsistent they are.

Costa never played a competitive match for Brazil hence he could switch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.