For everyone who swears they were there.... (York away)

Notice how most of the Blues are laughing with a "there's no fucking way Craig Russell meant that" kind of attitude!

Anyone else struggling to remember what they looked like nearly 20 years ago!

I remember when Russell hit it, I shouted "that's in". I had no idea it was going in and there was no chance of any of us knowing from the other end of the pitch but I just shouted it anyway!

Missed the first York goal as we were walking up to the ground but I heard the roar and just knew it was them that had scored. Their winner was from a bloke called Dawson who came on in the later stages and I always remember coming across some goals per minutes stats later on that season for all 4 leagues - Dawson was miles out in front of any other player in the country in the fewest minutes per goals table because that's the only game he'd featured in! Not sure whether he got some more game time for them at the end of the season but for months afterwards he was top of that particular table.

I was there - we made a weekend of it and stayed in a hotel next to the racecourse, gatecrashed a wedding there after the match. Remember Leeds turning up and Donald Farah trying to rally the lads in the pub. Took my lad a couple of months ago to "school him" on the good ( or bad ) old days. Explained to the club why i was there and the club steward let us in to remenisce. Top bloke.Got a picture of our end - cant believe it was the small - felt bigger back then.
D1keFwnku7En-NOsAATNI_uaswT2hH4e5KqBIGthpsgpX92IB
GYpwstcoc9eO3bQCoXtgynAOdceqA8wbwsGaUz1NxucpX92IB
f192CQMghDrUimDk98QCf2Hbu8DPVb7TSPm8zs3G90MpX92IB

Any one remember Wimbledon at home in the Full memebrs/Simod/Zenith Data cup or whatever it was called - it was the only time i can remember virtually everyone in the kippax sitting down - swear thats where my piles came from

I didn't go to York, so I give my season card up which I have for years and b4 that game, and go and sit in the corner of the room, and hit myself with a wet lettuce

Well..... identify yourselves!
(I was there but in the home end, the seats in the stand to the left of the away end)

21761912_10154859112464249_3549724033031610713_n.jpg
Being a York based Blue I was definitely there , we managed to blag a "box" with seats in the main stand. The locals have continuously reminded me of that result, interesting to see how our fortunes have risen since that day and theirs have gone in the opposite direction. "The darkest hour is just before dawn" as they say!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.